WIP Wednesdays

A lot of companies offer a "spa treatment" for their knives, but do they use big fluffy towels like Survive? I think not! ;)
When my wife and I married, it seemed like every other person we knew gave us towels as a wedding-gift. That thought makes me wonder if Guy and Ellie had the same experience and simply put it to work in the shop :)

These weekly WIP updates are good to see, hope that they become a permanent addition.
Always nice to see what's going on in the shop. Trying to see if I can identify any of my orders is like the knife version of searching for Waldo.

There must have been a metric s***-ton of both 7/7 and 4.1 pre-orders. I have both on order, from pre-orders in 2015 (I think; I'd have to go back and look to make sure of the year now; all I'm sure of is they were pre-orders). Still waiting on both.

From a curious customer standpoint I wish Guy would have just powered through one model at a time. I understand he has his own method to his madness, though.

I feel your pain Silver, but I'm not sure that it would have sped things up much.
Review the posted shop pictures and you'll find that in any given photo he was mostly working on a single model anyway.
Even when he had three models shipping I think that he was tinkering on the next one and trying to finish up the last one, but mostly he seemed to be shipping the one he was working on. For example, right now I think he is trying to finish up the 2.7, and tinkering with the 7/7, but mostly shipping the 4.1.

Fancier Fancier I think you're absolutely correct. I didn't mean to say working on one model at a time would be faster, just easier to follow in the production schedule.

As I try to follow along, the very first of a model that gets sent out almost seems like a tease if the main focus is something different.

Oh yeah, those first few knives out of a new model are as rare as unicorns!
I sincerely hope that the GSO 3.5 will ship in large numbers right away and prove me wrong. :D

Who ordered a 4.1 with natural micarta and a bowdrill divot? You're up!

Holy smokes, that may be my Starter 4.1!!! Look close, you will see that it also has a firesteel notch :D
If it comes with a green sheath, and is a 'first', then I may soon be holding it in my hands. :thumbsup:

Although, I actually talked to Ellie months and months ago and said I would be OK without the divot but that comment may never have made it into documentation... Or the knife isn't mine at all and some other lucky jerk is getting it ;)

Back