WIP Wednesdays

I am still waiting on my 4.5 :(

But damn I want a 12 now that I have seen one of the blanks

Yep, I hear you, the 4.5 is probably the one I want most of all.
I put a deposit down on a SK12 because I figured that an option to buy a big hunk of 3V was all I really needed, I didn't care so much about the limited options, and I wasn't inclined to drop a another prepayment. :)
Having seen a blank I have the hunger all over again...

Yes, you didn't outright say that. But, by quoting me saying what Jordyn wrote to me and saying "At this point I don't believe anything they say." kinda' implies that I am trying to convince people of what she said. I am and was not. I was just writing about my experience. Next time, when you want to voice your own opinions and believes, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't quote me... :)
Cheers!
You are wrong and overreacting. What you have been told matches with what they put in the production schedule on their site.

You are wrong and overreacting. What you have been told matches with what they put in the production schedule on their site.
How can I be wrong by telling you not to quote me when you voice your opinions? Please stop.
If you have a problem with what S!K says, take it up with them...

How can I be wrong by telling you not to quote me when you voice your opinions? Please stop.
If you have a problem with what S!K says, take it up with them...
Quoting people is not against the rules. I did not put any words in your mouth nor I meant disrespect. The whole "argument" is based on your assumptions which I already stated are wrong. You overreacted and now moderators have to clean up.

Quoting people is not against the rules. I did not put any words in your mouth nor I meant disrespect. The whole "argument" is based on your assumptions which I already stated are wrong. You overreacted and now moderators have to clean up.
I know quoting is not against the rules and I really don't mind if anyone quotes me unless he/she is doing it like you did the first time you quoted me.
I am not overreacting, I am just reacting - what you wrote can be interpreted, as most things can. The fact that I understood them the way I did proves that they can be read in different/multiple ways. Just because you don't agree it's irrelevant and my reply to you was more for the other members that might read this subforum - I wanted them to understand my position and my statement vis-a-vis S!K. If the moderators think it's better to clean-up these, I hope they delete everything in this conversation...
Cheers

In my experience you can believe Survive when they send you a shipping notice.

+1 It's the only thing that tells you when your knife exists and will/has left their hands on the way to you. Any other information provided subject to change.

I posted on the Survive Fridays thread addressing the lack of sending out knives within a reasonable time from order. If Survive wanted to, they could...they have chosen to keep things limited and likely so the owner/maker can keep a tighter grip on quality, but we have seen plenty of businesses train folks to keep standards up, with the intent to turn out product in a reasonable time. We are not talking about Rolex here, but a damn knife.

I posted on the Survive Fridays thread addressing the lack of sending out knives within a reasonable time from order. If Survive wanted to, they could...they have chosen to keep things limited and likely so the owner/maker can keep a tighter grip on quality, but we have seen plenty of businesses train folks to keep standards up, with the intent to turn out product in a reasonable time. We are not talking about Rolex here, but a damn knife.

Don't think so as since introduction they haven't been able to control the root cause of the delays......Demand. The number of orders they got/had/have exceeded their production capability by year(s) going by the unfulfilled orders from back in 2015. Which portion of the year(s) delay was over demand versus production issues with things between order and shipping is unknown, but that's a factor as well. They also continued to take orders and 2nd orders and new introduction orders and ugly better orders which only made demand higher causing more of a backlog. My guess is at the time this all seemed like a great idea to build a business and it just got out of control. They stopped taking orders a while back so they could catch up, and I'm sure they are catching up at a good clip.......But the backlog was year(s), so from the outside looking in it will seem like forever.

IMHO it's the prices, they are too inexpensive (as I've said before). Over a 6 month time period I bought a half dozen survives (2nds and Ugly Betties) with the average price under $200 (1 UB was $113 and looked perfect....my favorite fixed blade ever). They are worth twice that and with great product at value pricing comes extreme demand. First world problems for sure, but someone waiting for a $200 knife for 2 years clearly isn't happy about it.

someone waiting for a $200 knife for 2 years

Well, if I were the buyer and decided to wait this long for such an inexpensive item and did not desire to look in the secondary market, either their IQ is questionable, or they don't care.

Again, Survive could fix the problem....and it is a problem.

Because they don't have the ability.
I have a brother who can't whistle. Our family spent countless hours trying to teach him, but he simply does not have the ability. Like my brother can't whistle, the people at Survive cannot fix their supply problems.

the root cause of the delays......Demand.
That simply isn't true as excess demand cannot be the root cause of delivery delays. I've been in hundreds of factories, seen hundreds of product supply processes, and that has never once been the case. Assigning cause to anyone other than the team at Survive lets them off the hook for problems they created and continue to foster.

Well past the point where they stopped accepting new orders, both the announced end and the actual end, they've repeatedly proven they are not capable of assessing their own production capacity. They have and continue to disappoint even the most generous readers of what they claim is a "production schedule" despite it having not one single production date.

I would love to own a GS0 6 , however I will be 61 years old next month and I’m afraid if I ordered one (if they let me) I might die before it would ever be completed ....

Back