1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Wish List

Discussion in 'W.A. Surls Knives (formerly WAS Knives)' started by allen456, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    @allen456
    Interested in an
    Inlander in 3/32" SFT or TT or 1/8" TT. Flat grind/swedge. A few handles the I like. Mosaic pin (s) are a nice touch
    Bloodwood over black/white or over natural/blue
    Osage over black/blue or black/orange
    Curly Koa (stabilized) over black/white
    (To name a few LOL)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Luca917 and Nbrackett like this.
  2. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Bobcat w/ Bog Oak over black and white A2 3/32"

Other preferences:
    - high grind
    - minimal guard
    - nice pinch grip but still enough flare at the front to keep fingers from slipping forward

Thanks,
    Jerry

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    MTBmonkey, Luca917, Choppaman and 2 others like this.
  3. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    Arowana w/DIW over natural and blue. Scandi grind on 1/8" or 3/32" A2. Just PM me when it's ready!

Nbrackett likes this.
  4. Twisted Forest

Twisted Forest Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Brisbee (harpoon variant) 1/8 A2 TT w/curly Q Osage. I keep missing these, but I will be watching!

MTBmonkey and Nbrackett like this.
  5. Coach23

Coach23 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    @allen456
    I would love to see a Patch in 3/32 TT A2 with either Osage over natural w/blue pinstripes or Bog Oak over black and white.
    Thanks

MTBmonkey, Luca917 and Tekton like this.
  6. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I have that exact Patch. In Osage with blue. One of my Never Ever Sell knives!
    It's a beauty in a real gem. I also once had one just like it but in a Curly Ash. Absolutely spectacular. Still really miss that one but it went to a very good home.

MTBmonkey and Coach23 like this.
  7. Coach23

Coach23 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    @Luca917
    Yes sir, you have a very fine Osage Patch that would match my Bobcat wonderfully, but I knew for sure that you would never ever let it go:( and I don’t blame you one bit!! I also remember the Curly Ash Patch that you gifted a fine friend and it was a beautiful specimen as well. I really love my Bobcats but have always be intrigued by Allen’s Patch, and would love to try one that matched either one of my Bobcats Osage or Bog Oak:thumbsup:

Luca917, Tekton and Nbrackett like this.
  8. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    I had a Bog Oak Patch w CPM154 3/32 and will have to look up who I sold it to for you.

While here in the thread I'll make a Christmas wish for the wishlist .. I wish @allen456 would find this thread and our wishes :D

Allen, I hope the new shop is coming along well for you. And, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your family.

MTBmonkey and Coach23 like this.
  9. MTBmonkey

MTBmonkey Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2017
    Heck yes!!! I will jump in on this wish list as well. A Bobcat and/or Patch in 3/32 TT Osage or Bog Oak! A2 is great, or even better...CPM154! I suspect half a dozen of these on a Wednesday sale would go ...FAST!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Tekton and Coach23 like this.
  10. Tutone

Tutone Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    I would really like to see some Pocket Puukko’s and Big Puukko’s make the Wednesday sales thread again. In any configuration

11. ShanghaiJer

ShanghaiJer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Agreed!

12. Hulk2e

Hulk2e Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    I’d love a 3/32 bobcat in ironwood or Blackwood.

Choppaman likes this.
  13. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    @allen456 @allen456 @allen456 ... Did someone just say my name? Eh eh eh eh! You say Allen?

Is the wishlist still "a thing"? Just wondering.

Congrats on getting the shop all up and running btw!

Tekton, Nbrackett and Choppaman like this.
  14. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    Hey Allen,

Bump and a mod here ... How about giving this one a try with some .04 AEB-L ?

My 50th birthday is at the end of March and that would be awful nice of you. ;) (although you don't neeeeed to wait that long)

Thanks
    Jerry

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Choppaman and Tekton like this.
  15. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Don’t know if the Wish List is real or just a place for us to dream, but.....:D

I’d like to see a Patch in 3/32” TT with Osage, Snakewood or Goncalo Alves (sp?), with blue liners.

A Revenant EDC in some kind of pretty wood with copper pins and a curly q would be nice as well!

Wurrwulf and Odaon like this.
  16. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    Yes @allen456 does refer to the wish list. This was pulled into the carry rotation this week so it was handily on my side for proof that they does exist.

BO Bobcat.jpg

Wurrwulf, Coach23, Dritios and 3 others like this.
  17. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    I'd love to see a rustic wrapped short muk its near the top of my long list.

Lady1911 likes this.
  18. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    Loveless Nessmuk w/DIW bolstered OD. Natural liners and white pinstripes. 1/8"TT or 3/32" A2 Or go DIW with natural and blue pinstripes to match my wished for Arowana.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  19. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    1/8" high grind Arowana in AEBL or CPM154.
    Wood slabs.
    Bill

20. cheech620

cheech620

Jan 5, 2009
    Coyote Jaw handle, Copper/Rawhide wrap, A2 Steel, Antique finish, Rawhide sheath. The Jakyl is another one of Allen’s Frontier masterpieces. [email protected]

Nbrackett likes this.