1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Wish List

Discussion in 'W.A. Surls Knives (formerly WAS Knives)' started by allen456, Nov 2, 2014.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    i have 2.82Mbps download & .32Mbps per speedtest.com on the upload

im not sure how accurate that is.....but its sounds like it is slow as hell

2. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    I hope it's the modem. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Heespharm

Heespharm

Nov 8, 2011
    A mini loveless in some nice blue wood or dyed wood... if you have the time... I'm patiently waiting for the right one...

4. heat_treat

heat_treat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2015
    +1 on this. Desert ironwood happens to be a personal favorite if you aren't doing color. Just sayin... :p

Jim

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  5. Marl71

Marl71

Oct 15, 2015
    +2, looking for a mini loveless with natural wood or natural canvas, natural/blue/white liners, satin finished blade. Thanks!

6. TxSportsman

TxSportsman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Rustamuk that integrates some amber stag and copper with a lanyard hole!

7. ni1s

ni1s

Feb 10, 2014
    More Pocket Puukko (or similar) with starry nite Shadetree plz... or Evergreen with black/white pinstripes. I'm in love.

8. ShanghaiJer

ShanghaiJer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    I would love a nice and thin Chinese style vegetable cleaver!!!

9. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012

BUMP .. still on the lookout for these. Haven't donated to your PayPal account in a while ;-)

10. Heespharm

Heespharm

Nov 8, 2011
    More morays in stainless with shadetree

11. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I haven't even finished playing with all these knives that have been graciously sent to me and I already have a wishlist item. I'm showing some future cards to the people that check Allen's forum.

Kirkwood sent me his recently acquired Patch. Now I've sort of known I wanted one, but until this sucker showed up I didn't know how bad. That is just a sweet little knife. To be honest I had sort of forgotten about it since you haven't posted one for sale in a while; hoping to see that change soon!

And as this is the land of wishes, as my first WA Surls knife, I'd love to have a Patch in 3/32 (CPM preferred, but not required) with OD canvas over natural with blue stripes.

What I would do for one just like that... :D

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  12. TxSportsman

TxSportsman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Man, reading my mind a little. I've been wanting a Patch for a while now from Allen... im thinking high grind 1/8" TT or 3/32" CPM with a Koa/micarta combo and no pinstripes... yes please!

13. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    :thumbup: that would be a beauty!

14. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016

Just opened this thread and read this post - with my osage Patch in my left hand. Funny as hell. Mine is A2, high grind, osage with natural liners and blue stripes.
    Love this knife.

15. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    You're not helping!! I want one real bad!

16. varga49

May 1, 2016
    What sheer coincidence I am also sitting with a Patch, on loan of course.. just arrived today. I'll tell you my first impression is this is an Esquire on steroids.

17. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    Are you talking Surls or FB Patch? I saw that FB Patch you were loaned, it's a nice one! If you're talking Surls then let's see a picture!! :D

I compared the Surls Patch to an Esquire in my comparisons. I really like both models, but the Patch feels like it belongs in my hands.

18. varga49

May 1, 2016
    It's the FF Patch. I haven't gotten to see a Surls Patch up close yet. I'll check them out

19. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    I'm interested to hear what you think about the Fiddleback Patch!

I bet you'll like Allen's Patch as well!

20. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    You asked for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My curly ash patch - now belongs to Phillip, but some day I'll buy it back from him!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]