Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

This came in the mail last Wednesday, and it's been in my pocket all week:
Happy Wednesday!

carverscongress004_zpse72c6b77.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can you tell me the model number of that one? I have various Rosewood Bokers in various patterns but no Congress and it needs to be on my list!

Thank you!
Robert

Enjoying the variations on some ebony beauties today:)

A bit of Oasage Orange to brighten up a wet winters day here:)

Can you tell me the model number of that one? I have various Rosewood Bokers in various patterns but no Congress and it needs to be on my list!

Thank you!
Robert

I believe that is the model 115465, which is the Congress Carver knife.

Pete

Thank you!
Robert
Model #5465, I think. It's called the Carver's Congress, it's got an unusual assortment of blades, I've never seen a spey on a congress, and I like how there are four different shapes.

carverscongress002_zpsc7363566.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh, nice! Have you given the blades a good go? With the various projects you do, I'm thinking you'll enjoy the Boker carbon and the blade selection. :)

~ P.

Thanks. I've only had a chance to sharpen it up and cut some cheese for lunch yesterday Went through that like a laser:) Other projects will have to wait til after the holidays- I've got too much work to do.

Model #5465, I think. It's called the Carver's Congress, it's got an unusual assortment of blades, I've never seen a spey on a congress, and I like how there are four different shapes.

carverscongress002_zpsc7363566.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thank you! I'll look for one....I think my Boker 5474BD has 4 different blade shapes as well.

tumblr_mwxo5qyLbW1r4zf5xo2_1280.jpg

Jet-Aer Corp's G-65 model 961 (top knife of the three)

Does the blade look oversized? Or the handle undersized?

Awesome pics today everyone! I love Ebony and ABw more and more - jet black and super fine grained, dense and heavy with a natural oil in them = durable!

Just popped into my head seeing this pic... What wood does Buck use in their 110/112's? Cocobolo?
Both knives in the above pic are Macassar Ebony, Buck used ebony up till 1994, at which point they switched to resin impregnated laminated birch, which they named differently depending on the dye color used.

Some fine looking knives today. Weather has been nasty here so i'll post a pic I have posted before.
Carried the Sheepfoot #15 today.

pocket%20dump.jpg

Both knives in the above pic are Macassar Ebony, Buck used ebony up till 1994, at which point they switched to resin impregnated laminated birch, which they named differently depending on the dye color used.

Good to know about the ebony. What were/are the names for the dyed birch? (I also have current models of both 110 and 112.)

I have been excited to contribute to Wooden Wednesday since I got this beauty!

Necker by Bruce Culberson

3ZwlndQ.jpg

My awful picture does it no justice. The two tone natural/polished 52100 blade, kephart like design, copper rivets and tube, and of course wonderfully grained cocobola scales make this a truly classic knife.

The handle is just long enough, very comfortable, and very smooth. The blade is a great drop pointish design that I'm finding extremely useful for any task (I've used it quite a bit for day to day stuff so far). I've heard great things about 52100 and am excited to put it to real work if the heavens align and I harvest a deer this season. The sheath has very positive retention and works great for neck carry, good/okay for pocket carry, and okay for belt carry. I am hoping to make or have made a nice traditional leather sheath, maybe with a pocket/waistband/belt clip to fit better with the traditional nature of the knife (any suggestions of who to go to for this would be appreciated, I'm clueless).

I got this knife through a giveaway hosted by the maker Bruce Culberson. It is my first giveaway win, and what a first it is! This is just an exceptional knife that I have a feeling will be with me and used every opportunity I get. Mr. Culberson, I can't thank you enough.

(If the kydex sheath or the knife are not traditional enough I apologize. Please just pm me and I'll remove it. To me it is almost like a mini kephart style, and the materials are traditional. Just let me know if it doesn't belong here.)

Back