• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Woods Hunter !*!* SOLD!*!*

This knife is light, lively, and very comfortable in the hand. I consider it a cross between a drop point and spear point blade. Here are the specs:

Steel- D2 tool steel X 5/32
AOL- 9 inches
Blade- 4 3/4 inches (Razor Sharp)
Grind- Flat with tapered tang and thumb jimping
Finish- Hand sanded to 1500 grit
Guard- Pinned brass
Handle- 4 1/4 inches
Scales- Stabilized Spalted Maple and 1/8 Black G10 liners
Hardware- Six 1/8 brass pins
Sheath- RH pouch style hand sewn using 2-8 ounce vegetable tanned leather. Made for and fitted to this knife it provides a secure worry ffree carry and easy one hand draw.
Asking 150.00 shipped in the USA or Canada
Paypal, USPS M/O, or Certified Check preferred. Email for other options
Questions, or comments welcomed
Thanks for looking
First I'll Take It Gets It

010-32.jpg

009-31.jpg

008-37.jpg

004-59.jpg

007-46.jpg

006-51.jpg

Last edited:
Careful Joe! You're blurring the lines between a hunter, a bushcrafter, and a fighter. You might just end up with a knife that does it all, and looks sexy to boot.

This knife is really nice. D2, one of my favorite hard use steels. I find 5 inches (+ or -) to be one of the most versatile blade lengths. The brass fittings really compliment the maple scales, which look like they might be even nicer in real life than the picture shows. Nice, heavy duty wet-molded sheath. I'm not sure how much longer I can resist this one.

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments, your right Allen207 the pictures don't do this justice. The scales are some very nice maple, my photography skills need some work for sure.
Lets sweeten the deal a little and do 140.00 shipped for this one.

Just a little more information, I hand made this knife in my shop. The D2 blade was heat treated by me. It was heated to critical and held for 30 minutes in a digital controled heat treat oven, plate quenched between two 1 inch thick aluminum plates. Then a 2 hour temper cycle, followed by a cryo treatment in dry ice, and another 2 hour temper cycle. Blade hardness is a tested 60-61RC.
This is a tough, extremely sharp blade that will last a lifetime and then some.
The pics don't do the maple justice, they are actually a very nice carmel with cream streaks that has the appearance of some mammoth ivory I have seen.
The sheath was made by me and is 7-8 ounce vegetable tanned leather that will darken slightly with age.

Joe makes a real good knife and is a pleasure to deal with..I think the new owner of this blade will be very happy.Joe ships fast in very secure packaging.

Back