Woodsman Run Update

Andy you're starting to stutter;)

Can't wait, thanks for the teasers:thumbup:

So what are you guys thinking. I have plenty of Osage for liners. Do you want three combo's with Osage?? Or do you want some Maple or Hickory as liners too?

For the outside layer I've got a bit of that beautiful Rosewood, but maybe not enough for ten. I've got plenty of Cocobolo, Goncalo, Black Palm, Walnut, or Hickory. I'm going to start cutting and glueup as soon as we make a choice final.

I'd like to see a curly burl with a knot in it and a black palm or rosewood combo. How dark is the rosewood you got? Is it dark enough for a good contrast?

Its almost black. The Rosewood in question is in the top pic. Its browner than it shows up in person, but its dark.

woods25-vi.jpg

Oh brother. Rosewood on the inside slabs and curly burl sex on the outside. That's the way to go.

Its a shame that damn Birch is so expensive. I didn't pick any up on my haul. I've got maybe one knife left.

Stunning work, Andy:) God really gave you a gift when it comes to handles:thumbup:

What about doing some w/micarta?

Like some green canvas with 1/8" orange G10 lamination against the spine?:thumbup:;)

Oh man if thats a possibility, thats what I want!!!!! Add a orange and steel bullseye lanyard hole, and I am a happy man!!

Last edited:
Man, Andy, I will take one with the entire handle in Osage! Good looking stuff!!!

My thoughts may not count for much this late (or ever) but I really like the green micarta/orange G10 handle combo, that would be a great one!

If I do a synthetic combo, it won't include any g-10. I wish they made orange micarta. I just hate working G-10.

Fair enough Andy. Maybe I should start making custom orange micarta! Green micarta also looks pretty good with red liners, in my opinion.

Rosewood and Osage sound great. Or Maple liners with Osage slabs. The Osage will darken with time....

If the orange G10/ green micarta is a no go, Id like an entire handle of that curly Koa. Very cool.:cool:

And a Large red micarta nessie;):p

OK. I've got 9 handle blocks of Goncalo and Osage Glued up. This will comprise the first run of knives.

Question. You guys that have handled the passaround. Is the handle too short. I've made a new pattern with a .5" longer handle. Does that sound good?

Back