1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work in Progress (Custom Orders)

Discussion in 'Osprey Knife & Tool' started by Osprey Knife & Tool, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014
    This is for everyone who placed a custom order from 9/13/18 to current.

I decided to post these all in one thread rather than trying to keep pictures organized per each model.
    Mainly becuse I usually work with more than one model at a time.

[​IMG][/URL[​IMG][/URL[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014
  3. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
  4. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
  5. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
  6. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    That is some serious work!! ALL of which is looking amazing and coming along nicely. Thanks @Osprey Knife & Tool for sharing these step by step shots of our customs being built. Really cool to see all this come together. YOU DA MAN!!!

7. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014

No problem! You are welcome! I tried to remember to take pictures as much as possible. I hope it adds to the experience and also enlightens a little about some of the steps involved in making these knives.

8. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I've been flowing along on IG and really enjoying the progress. Can't wait to see the finished product man!

9. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    I, too, have been following the WIP posts on IG. While the knives easily speak for themselves, watching the process does elevate my appreciation for them and the joy of ownership even more.

Thank you, Chris, for sharing these pics and explaining the many steps that go into the creation of your pieces.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    It really does. I'm always really happy to see WIP pictures, and it's really great to see mine in there. Really thrilled to get my first OK&T.

Now it will need pants, though...

11. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    @bonafide often works together with Chris and should be able to set you up with a perfect pairing.

Congrats on your first OKT :thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  12. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    I'll admit I'm kinda wishing I'd gone black over natural rather than ivory over natural, but it still looks fantastic.

Osprey Knife & Tool likes this.
  13. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    With all the available options, it’s easy to start second guessing choices. I’m sure we’ve all been there. I think it looks great and, moreover, is a combo not seen quite as often.
    I think you chose well!

14. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    +100
    Thanks for bringing the awesome, Chris! Only one problem—I’m at work and after seeing these photos I need a change of pants. :confused::oops::D

15. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    [​IMG]
    What is the wood used in that Vildmark in the top row, middle? Looks kind of like Buckeye? Super gorgeous.

16. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    I do this every time. Then when I see Chris's finished product, I'm completely happy with it and glad I made the choices I did. My Warthog from the group buy late last year is one of my favorite knives in my collection.

@madcap_magician, ivory G10 is a beautiful choice and makes a stunning knife. Any lighter color handle can show transfer though. If you reach out to @bonafide, I would mention the ivory. He may have some recommendations to limit/prevent color transfer from the sheath. Any transfer would only be slight, and it comes off easily, but you may be interested in avoiding that maintenance if possible.

17. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    I think you’re right.

18. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    That's a good tip, thanks. I usually prefer natural leather for sheaths and holsters anyway.

Looks like California buckeye burl to me, either gray/yellow-dyed or natural.

19. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak Platinum Member

Aug 26, 2008
    The scale config on the right is gonna be cool. :thumbsup:

20. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Chris posted up all the Vildmarks with rough shaped handles on his Instagram yesterday if anyone who doesn't already follow his IG wants to get a sneak peak. Looking good!! :thumbsup: