Work in Progress (Custom Orders)

Discussion in 'Osprey Knife & Tool' started by Osprey Knife & Tool, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014
    Update!

I received the rest of the steel last Friday, I have another round heat treated and one more ready for heat treatment tomorrow.
    I did not get to building handles this weekend, I will start laying stuff out today in preparation for building handles this week.

I also plan on breaking into the fresh steel to begin on the rest of the orders.

More to come.. Pictures soon...

2. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014
  3. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
  4. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak Gold Member

Aug 26, 2008
    When do we get to see some big pics of the big beast with the fuller? :eek::thumbsup::D

Coach23 and Osprey Knife & Tool like this.
  5. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Tonight or tomorrow, probably tomorrow. :D

Coach23 and M4Super90 like this.
  6. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

M4Super90, Apocryphiliac and varga49 like this.
  7. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apocryphiliac, varga49 and M4Super90 like this.
  8. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Here is an update as to where we are. Everyone's is in progress except for One Nomad I believe I had a hell of a time finding a single bar of 1/16'' CPm154 :eek:. I found it though :D. Everyone else's handle material is either on hand or enroute excluding The Desert Ironwoods, they are being custom ordered and cut form a Burl as I type this out. :):cool: And @Florider 6 yours is being custom ordered as well and will take more time.

I had hoped to get a few of these finished up and ship out in enough time for some of you to receive them by Christmas but that's more than likely not going to happen. It has been a little more difficult and time consuming this time of year to source material, I have also had some personal business to attend to that pulled my attention away from work for a few days.o_O All is back on track now:D :thumbsup: I will have more pictures and another update later this weekend or early next week.

I was able to keep myself occupied in the meantime on some cool side projects waiting on materials to come in. I will post a seperate thread later

9. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak Gold Member

Aug 26, 2008
    What's the model in the lower right? Poontip belt knife #1?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  10. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Thats a #2 Poon tipped.

Florider 6 and M4Super90 like this.
  11. SLOsmokin

SLOsmokin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Just got caught up on this thread. Beautiful work! I love all the wood handles, and large blades. I see it says books are currently closed, any estimate on next time they will open up?

12. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014

Sent you a Pm in regards to this.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    SLOsmokin likes this.
  13. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Are you guys’s ready to start seeing some finished knives next week?
    The last several weeks I have been juggling work and some personal matters (nothing serious) but time consuming nonetheless.
    I got a little behind but have made good progress catching up in between my outside of work errands. I have progress pictures Monday!

14. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Ha! Yes!
    Given how close to finished the one batch was, I thought maybe you forgot about us, lost interest, or packed up and moved to the islands... :D

Osprey Knife & Tool likes this.
  15. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Nah, yall are stuck with me :p:D.
    I had to go back and catch up on the 1/8” and thicker ones, I have a boat load of knives almost ready with a $hit load more behind that:cool:.

Apocryphiliac, Oyster and NoRest like this.
  16. Switchback275

Switchback275 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Chris,

I just saw my knife on Instagram. Holy crap man, I am officially in love! You did an amazing job and it is awesome to see a vision come to life. I can't wait for it to arrive.

17. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    I wholeheartedly agree!! That Warthog in aged ivory paper micarta with a DIW burl bolster is absolutely stunning!

18. SLOsmokin

SLOsmokin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    I saw it on Instagram, that is one of the sexiest handle combos I have seen.

Oyster and Warrior108 like this.