Work pictures

I just thought you might like to see some pics of where I work,sharpening knives. These aren't the best, but they are all I have at the moment. The last one is funny; these guys are nuts!

~ashes

Attachments

• grindstone.jpg
    grindstone.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 206
  • shop.jpg
    shop.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Alice's spot.jpg
    Alice's spot.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 202
  • bobby and mike2.jpg
    bobby and mike2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 437
How come you're not in any of the pics? I'm beginning to forget what you look like!!! :D

Those guys ARE nuts, playing with sharp objects and clowning around! :D

I see that zebra toy Alice was looking for in your avatar photo.

I'm not in any because I took the pictures and I felt silly asking one of those guys to take a picture of me!

Yep, there's her zebra toy. Around the corner is a big bucket full of the rest of her toys.

And yeah, they can get pretty nuts! They are all married or widowed, but they still like to act gay sometimes (jokingly, of course... I think.)

~ashes

Cool :)
I'll trade ya my tri-hone set of arkansas stones for the clunky old grinder that wastes half your workbench ;)

Edited, so I don't get ya booted to whine and cheese :D

Grinder $X amount of dollars
Knives in box $15.00
Flourensent (sp?) Lights $50

attachment.php

Your wife finding out what Really happens at work Via Bladeforums.... PRICELESS

There are some things that buy back dignity, for everything else, there's the option of moving :D ;)

K.V. Collucci said:
How come you're not in any of the pics? I'm beginning to forget what you look like!!! :D
Wait... Ashes' avatar isn't her? Oh man...

J/K :p

Attachments

• 1wp.JPG
    1wp.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 110
JPSTstaff.jpg

Me and Tom with the "scenery" where I used to work. One of the girls sat in front of me, one behind me. I didn't know which way to turn!

maximus otter

PS: Ashes, I've lost a lot of weight since then... ;)

m.o.

Ashes said:
They are all married or widowed, but they still like to act gay sometimes (jokingly, of course... I think.)

~ashes

I don't know about the acting part. They seem to be enjoying it a little too much. :D

Here I am working at a fire.

normal_Scan0009.jpg

Ashes said:
I'm not in any because I took the pictures and I felt silly asking one of those guys to take a picture of me!

Yep, there's her zebra toy. Around the corner is a big bucket full of the rest of her toys.

And yeah, they can get pretty nuts! They are all married or widowed, but they still like to act gay sometimes (jokingly, of course... I think.)

~ashes

Do they sneak up and try to hump your leg?

KAAK, LOL! :D

Matt Shade said:
Cool :)
I'll trade ya my tri-hone set of arkansas stones for the clunky old grinder that wastes half your workbench ;)

It's not a waste; it gets used every day. Not clunky either, just old. The wheels get replaced as needed. Also, it's one of three, and it would costs thousands more than your tri-hone! :p

The shop is larger than you can see in the pictures, and there are a lot of "workbenches". The boxes of knives are just a fraction of the ones from our cutlery-rental program, which is our main business. The private knives are taken in through the kitchen store and sharpened on a flat stone and polished on a buffing machine. We also sharpen scissors, garden tools, mower blades, ice skates, auger blades, saw blades, etc.

K.V. Cool picture! You're a true hero! :)

~ashes

Ashes said:
The boxes of knives are just a fraction of the ones from our cutlery-rental program, which is our main business.

My brother is a professional chef and he keeps his personal knives in a roll that nobody (but me :) ) gets to touch or sharpen. For general restaurant or institutional cooking he is a huge advocate of what he calls a "knife service" that comes around and replaces all the knives with sharpened ones on a regular basis. He doesn't even entertain the thought of not using a "knife service". Are you a "knife service"?

T. Erdelyi said:
Ken ya can stop pokin' the building, I don't think it's gonna move anymore. ;)
I beg to differ. It moved plenty! The stairwell from the first to second floor collapsed about 5 minutes after this pic was snapped. Luckily our guys had already made it to the second floor. We had a ladder in place to the second floor porch as a secondary means of egress as well as the one seen in the pic. We came close to losing 4 guys had they not made a rapid ascent up the stairs.

K.V. Collucci said:

We didn't really need the arrow to know which one is you, since you're the only one working. What are those other three lazy bums standing around for? Why don't you put them to work? :confused:

Seems to me you ought to be prodding them with that stick. Wait'll you pass the exam and get promoted, then they'd better hustle. :mad:

K.V. Collucci said:

normal_Scan0009.jpg

What are you, the junior varsity squad? Wheres the fire? You guys come clean up after the real firemen put out the fire? :D

Burchtree said:
What are you, the junior varsity squad? Wheres the fire? You guys come clean up after the real firemen put out the fire? :D
Ok, smart ass. You asked for it. :p ;) :D

Here he is. Michael Burch, the Gay Pirate!!!

michael_burch.jpg

T. Erdelyi said:
Ken ya can stop pokin' the building, I don't think it's gonna move anymore. ;)
He's not poking the building...He's holding it up from falling down on those other guys.:D.

Back