Work pictures

Rugger said:
Nice shot Ken- I'd have swapped for the Halligan. Love the Halligan... :cool:
Trust me when I tell you that I was not going to tear down the siding with a Halligan when the electric service had not been shut down yet. As you can see from the pic the service connection is right over Darisaw's right shoulder. He has the Halligan. I told to him not to continue tearing the siding for fear of hitting a wire though he is still standing too close for my comfort (he's a probie btw). You can actually see it smoking. The farther away the better. ;)

Ashes said:
It's not a waste; it gets used every day. Not clunky either, just old. The wheels get replaced as needed. Also, it's one of three, and it would costs thousands more than your tri-hone! :p

~ashes

I've re-thought my offer after this little bit of info came up and I realized I was cheating myself. I was giving you 3 grits, therefore you should give me 3 grits. I'll trade you my tri-hone (and half a bottle of honing oil!) for all 3 grinders ;)

K.V. Collucci said:
Ok, smart ass. You asked for it. :p ;) :D

Here he is. Michael Burch, the Gay Pirate!!!

michael_burch.jpg

Aw crap. Forgot that pic was floatin around. :D

Ren the devils trailboss said:
my job is so worthless and stupid I dont bother taking pictures of the crap job..
But you could make a job out taking pics of crap! :D ;) :p

K.V. Collucci said:
Trust me when I tell you that I was not going to tear down the siding with a Halligan when the electric service had not been shut down yet. As you can see from the pic the service connection is right over Darisaw's right shoulder. He has the Halligan. I told to him not to continue tearing the siding for fear of hitting a wire though he is still standing too close for my comfort (he's a probie btw). You can actually see it smoking. The farther away the better. ;)
Agreed- Nobody wants to get lit up by some cowboy action. :eek:
But, c'mon- ya gotta love the Halligan :cool:
A friend who is a claims adjuster for a Major Insurance Company has a story of a homeowner who had a fire in her garage. She took said claims adjuster to the kitchen where her refrigerator/freezer was sporting a foot-long, deep gash. Some over-eager 'Volly' had chosen her refrigerator as a good place to tack in his axe. (you just can't leave equipment lying around on the deck). Murdered a perfectly good household appliance. Would have paid big money to see that.

Hey Ken- Good work btw. Glad you & your guys got out OK.
Regards,
Mike

mycroftt said:
My brother is a professional chef and he keeps his personal knives in a roll that nobody (but me :) ) gets to touch or sharpen. For general restaurant or institutional cooking he is a huge advocate of what he calls a "knife service" that comes around and replaces all the knives with sharpened ones on a regular basis. He doesn't even entertain the thought of not using a "knife service". Are you a "knife service"?

Yeah, some chefs prefer to keep their own knives. Yes, we are a "knife service", also sometimes called a "cutlery-rental" or "cutlery-exchange" service/program. We supply the knives and make up two sets for each customer, then rotate them on a weekly basis so that they have a sharp set each week.

Some of our big customers are IBM, Readers' Digest, Turcos, Pepsi, ShopRite, Sodexho, and a few other big ones. Yonkers and Westchester County, NY are our big areas.

~ashes

maximus otter said:
JPSTstaff.jpg

Me and Tom with the "scenery" where I used to work. One of the girls sat in front of me, one behind me. I didn't know which way to turn!

maximus otter

PS: Ashes, I've lost a lot of weight since then... ;)

m.o.

So max did you photoshop your eyes so they are looking appropriately at the book? :D

Paul

Are you familiar with Third Ave Grinding in Brooklyn? My father-in-laws place. Same business.

ronsec said:
Are you familiar with Third Ave Grinding in Brooklyn? My father-in-laws place. Same business.

My dad might know of it. He grew up in Brooklyn. What's his name? I might recognize that. You can PM me if you don't want to make it public.

Do you know of Yonkers Grinding or Master Grinding?

~ashes

Ashes said:
My dad might know of it. He grew up in Brooklyn. What's his name? I might recognize that. You can PM me if you don't want to make it public.

Do you know of Yonkers Grinding or Master Grinding?

~ashes

Can't say I have ... my wife didn't either. I'll ask the in-laws when I talk to them. Email your way.

Back