Would you buy this Morakniv?

Just an idea I came up with. It is based on a Companion MG. Let me know what you think.

fOndI8b.png

in a heartbeat... esp. @ typical mora companion prices

but really, in practical terms - I can't think of a camping/hiking task I'd need a double edge blade for

in which situations are doubles better than single edge?

Interesting concept, but I don't have much use for a double edged blade.
Say you wanna make a T cut in something, you go up then left and bring it back to the right without having to flip your blade.
Not like that's a common situation, but it's all I could come up with.
Pretty cool knife though.

No. I'm not a fan of scandi grinds. Plus I already have one double edged knife, that in 40 years I haven't found a use for. I don't need a second.

O.B.

It’s a cool design no doubt. It will serve the needs of some here, but it’s not for me. I prefer an unsharpened spine to rest my thumb on for more detailed work over a double edge.

I can't think of use for something like that.

I mean, at typical Mora prices you'd maybe get one just to play with it.

But, I dislike Scandi grind, and double edge would be more tricky to sharpen, if i ever need to push my knife or rest my thumb on the spine - bad luck for me since I wouldn't be able to do so. And if I ever wanted to baton because I got possessed or something - yep, I can't do that either.

Then at last, double edged blades are illegal here.

Nice design but I have no need for a double edge knife. It is also a no no in my state.

There is utilitarian side of double edged knives. More time between sharpenings. Also one coarse edge. One fine edge.

I would buy one.

Looks kinda like a duct knife, made by Malco, Klein, Milwaukee, and others. I want one. Not sure why.
That's what I saw too. A duct knife. If one side was fully serrated and one side plain, and it's made by Mora?!?
I'd buy that thing in a heart beat!

Back