Would you buy this Morakniv?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Legendary_Jarl, May 30, 2020.

1. USMCPOP

USMCPOP Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I got a couple of the Old Hickory 6" sticking knives for $7 each.

upload_2020-5-30_11-51-29.png

Henry Beige likes this.
  2. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I think a double edge knife with a round nose would be a dandy skinner. Cut with either side or the very tip with no worries of the point piercing.

Another handy design would be a double edged Wharncliffe.

3. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    That's going to be really hard to baton with. :D

Lee D likes this.
  4. Skar

Skar

Mar 24, 2020
    I wouldn't buy one myself.
    Looks cool yet I would have zero use for it.

5. herisson

herisson Apple slicing rocking chair dweller Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    The narrow scandi grind is a joke. I'd rather buy the Old Hickory look-a-like and try my hand at a full hollow grind.

6. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Beat me to the punch. My sticker came from Dexter-Russell Green River. I don’t need another.

7. White Rhino

White Rhino

Oct 29, 2013
    I bought one of those Mora d-guard stickers. Seems meant for slaughterhouse use. I have no real use for it, no large livestock to stun, hang and bleed. It just seemed kind of incongruous to own a weapon made by an old and staid tool company. The Estwing tomahawk had the same appeal, but that is actually a useful general purpose tool. If Rubbermaid made a truncheon or Maglite made a stun gun, I would probably want those too, as collectibles at least.

GIRLYmann likes this.
  8. Mikael W

Mikael W Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2007
    I say No!
    Mora has already made similiar knives in the past, but with wooden handles and models for military use like permission daggers.
    Gummi-, lader- pappknivar 12st_450 kr pl 20pr.jpg

For a spearpoint Mora I went with a cutoff drawknife, convexed and with a swedge but single-edge.
    Mora-Convex-Training.jpg
    No problems in batoning & splitting firewood and very sharp for woodworking chores.

Regards
    Mikael