Would you use your own classy gents folder at a fancy restaurant?

Specifically for the intention to look a bit unique & posh, at least in your own mind.

This is actually a thing, slicey folders with fancy schmancy scales, no pocket clip...etc. use them to eat your meal with just because you can.

Sounds like a neat idea.

I usually use one of these two when we go out but solely for my personal cutting pleasure...the Laguiole if I remember to grab it or the Solo that lives in my leatherman sheath in case I don't;) Never gotten a second look with either sitting on the table:)

Screenshot_20180908-1024432.png

I usually use one of these two when we go out but solely for my personal cutting pleasure...the Laguiole if I remember to grab it or the Solo that lives in my leatherman sheath in case I don't;) Never gotten a second look with either sitting on the table:)

Screenshot_20180908-1024432.png

Nice, I only buy disposable/cheap serrated blades because sharpening....when they dull I just throw them away. So kinda envy your choices.

I have no problem using a nice laguiole. Mine will work a lot better than the knives restaurants supply.

Nice, I only buy disposable/cheap serrated blades because sharpening....when they dull I just throw them away. So kinda envy your choices.
Sharpening serrations is nothing to be afraid of. I use a $4 ceramic rod to keep my serrated blades honed and sharp. Takes about 2 min every few months to keep them keen. A sharpmaker or other system would make it even simpler.

Yep. :)
I've also used a plain nuthing fancy knife there, too, when/if appropriate. :)

Fancy restaurant or no, their "steak knives" are usually almost as sharp as their butter knives and the edge of the table (or floor).

In that case, you would be better served by a Hugh Bowie knife.

n2s
I like to bring my executioner's axe to high end food joints. Always makes a big impression and service tends to be top notch once the formalities are out of the way.
All joking aside, the only way I am using one of my own knives is if they serve on wood cutting boards. Which might be a fun idea for a posh eatery catering to knife nuts. Food served on wood and customers are required to supply their own knife.

Back