1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Would you?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by mendezj, Sep 4, 2020.

1. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    Right. With the pics posted in the thread for all to see. None of that linked to crXp. No pics - lazy seller.

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  2. olddogrib

olddogrib

Apr 18, 2011
    Tell him you want the knife. You're going to send your agent by his place to pick it up with a certified check for $750 more than the asking price...if he would just be so kind as to include the cash balance with the knife delivery. Broken English would be a nice touch...he'll get the message!

3. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Your dealer is a fruitcake....

4. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Horseshit.

5. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Maybe he should have posted a couple of pictures in the sales thread then. :rolleyes:

6. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Say that vendor's name!

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  7. mendezj

mendezj Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 24, 1998
    I asked because he’s known here but I think I’ll pass. I’d rather just not mention names, but I think he works out of Tennessee. Anyhow, I need another knife like I need a hole in the head. Thank you, folks.

8. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    So far we’ve got an unverified “D2 Sebenza” thread, and this... One where a seller could potentially prey on other forum brothers and sisters if not made known, but you won’t name names....... ok :thumbsup:

9. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    And ironically, the OP wouldn't provide pics of the mythical D2 sebenza. Funny.

Murphjd25, Lee D, AntDog and 2 others like this.
  10. BP_

Aug 26, 2015
    Exactly. And the only reason I even said anything. If it looks like one and quacks like one.. that’s all I’m saying.

Show pics of the D2 Sebenza, and name names of the person/business trying to defraud your forum brothers and sisters. Until those things happen, it’s all just unsubstantiated and questionable (at best) talk.

Airborne 1 and craytab like this.
  11. mendezj

Nov 24, 1998
    List
    Listen, you don’t know me. I’ve been away from home since February, I’ve said it. The Sebenza mention was in passing and taken out of context. I’ve posted all I’ve been found out about it on the CR forum. Including testimony from CR and from Nordic Knives, where I bought the knife years ago. You and your buddy carytab just want to harass and behave like jackasses. If that’s what you want to do, go do it with your mother. Now, fuck off.

12. BladeScout

May 16, 2010
    Shouldnt and doesnt matter....at least in my experience so far. You as a basic member is worth just as much as a platinum forum member or what ever (seller will be at least a gold member or have a more expensive membership, since he/she is allowed to sell) . So that shouldnt hold you back. Plenty of paying members (no matter the level of paid membership) have been kicked off the forum, if they break the rules and/or prove to be a-holes. Some drama queens have made a spectacle of themselves and demanded a refund (of membership payment) after insulting the entire forum. After acting out, they were kicked in short order due to their foul language, insults and breaking of rules in general. I sincerely doubt, they got a refund.

Tl;dr in the matter of a 'known' forum seller vs a low post count basic member, the forum doesnt distinguish (if a party has been doing something wrong),
    so that shouldnt hold you back.

BP_ and jlauffer like this.
  13. BP_

Aug 26, 2015
    So you’re mad that you’ve been called out for not backing up your claims? Now you want to insult me, something you definitely wouldn’t do if you were standing in front of me? Does it make you feel good to lie to a group of knife enthusiasts, pretend to be a tough guy, and hide behind your screen?

Don’t be mad you got called out. And that thread was not “in passing.” That’s just ridiculous.

Edit: he named names! Color me impressed. And even threw in a childish “there.” so you’d know he had a juvenile attitude about it :p

14. mendezj

Nov 24, 1998
    My conversation has been carried out with Fort Henry Custom Knives. There. By the way, he’s only asked for a deposit before sending pictures. He hasn’t ripped me off or done anything ostensibly unethical. It was up to me to decide to send the deposit or not.

15. BladeScout

May 16, 2010
    I was writing my above post, as you posted this. Maybe read my post above. Also heed your own sig 'Dogs who bark, dont bite' ;) Better not to bark too much in GKD lest you get 'bitten' by a MOD;):)

greatscoot and BP_ like this.
  16. mendezj

Nov 24, 1998
    How sad to see no-account punks ruining this forum.

17. BladeScout

May 16, 2010
    Got ya.

18. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Moved to GBU, as this is not about knives but about buying/selling.

Quit it with the language, this is still not the appropriate subforum.

Quiet and Clem Fandango like this.
  19. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Enough with the name-calling and childish poking, please. Behave like the adults that you are.

sf fanatic likes this.
  20. BP_

Aug 26, 2015
    You mean the gold membership I’ve had for years? If you want to get personal my DM’s are open.

Fair enough. Speaking on someone’s family tends to get them (me) riled up a bit. My mistake.