WSS: Bushcraft Knife Challenge Gallery.

My "bucket list" has on it:

" Make it to the Beer at the end of the hike with Mr. and Mrs. Hollowdweller"
Someday......

getting some ready for you GKK

brewing.jpg

Great looking blade! :thumbup: Someone PM'ed me that site- nice stuff!

I'm in CT too and was ready to snoop and see if your knife is still here or found it's way home!

Thanks. Got it back today actually.

Thanks testers for all the work.

All the makers should have their knives back by now with the exception of Turley knives and the ones which were sold.

If a maker is expecting a knife back, but has not recieved it please let me know.

Iz, Marcelo should be mailing your knife out shortly if he has not done it allready.

Did it come with a U.S.A. template?! ;)

Heh. I'm rollin' with the big dogs now, I got the U.S.A. included in the Turley mark. :D
Well it's about time! :thumbup:

It's funny cause your fit and finish is realy good. That handle with all of it's inlays couldn't have been easy, and you pulled it off to perfection.

However your etching looks like my 6 year old daughter did it.:p
She's four, not six...thank you very much.;) I guess daddy will have to take the engraver away now. :(

Iz, Marcelo should be mailing your knife out shortly if he has not done it allready.
Roger that. I got a pm from him today.

You guys rock.
Iz

Looking forward to se some more results. :)

Many thanks for doing this test :thumbup:

Just one question regarding the knife that has hemp for a handle. ( the maker with the svollen head :D ) Is this easy to clean after beeing covered in blood? Does the resing prevent a smelly knife?

Gomle... the entire handle has been siaked in epoxy... think of it as hemp micarta, now. There is a texture to it where blood and dirt could sit but a quick rinse would solve that. There is nothing for the smell to sink into. These guys will confirm that.

Stop teasing my head... or it'll pop!......

Rick

There is no smell, and like Ricky said, "Hemp Micarta" is what I would call it.

Gomle... the entire handle has been siaked in epoxy... think of it as hemp micarta, now. There is a texture to it where blood and dirt could sit but a quick rinse would solve that. There is nothing for the smell to sink into. These guys will confirm that.

Yeah, Rick's knife spent a lot of time in my Kitchen (untill Tony started to cry :eek: ),

...I got it good and bloody more then once,

...soap and water cleaned it up nicely. :thumbup:

Big Mike

That is odd Rick - I generally travel incognito when I am with my second family:

TF

I can post some better pics of me and my wife that you guys can photochop your faces on if it will make you feel better.

:thumbup:

Back