WSS: Bushcraft Knife Challenge Gallery.

By the way, thanks for the comments on the video. I have not watched the whole video yet, 26 minutes is way too long for me to listen to anyone, specially myself...

Good video, but I didn't watch the whole thing. Lost some interest after the first knife.:thumbup:

Thanks for posting.

PS the wood has come back pretty well.

Wait - Ray made a mistake?

That guy is like a ROBOT when you look at his grinds and the like.

I have faith in his humanity now.

TF

foor wood handles- I've found a trick to minimize issues. not eliminate, I still have occasional issues, but minimize.

finish the handle out to 240 grit or so, or all the way, whatever floats your boat, then do the glue up-

while clamped up, put in a food dehydrator (excaliburs have lots of space) for 10 hours at 115 or so.

immediately dunk in linseed oil, let dry 3-4 days (until totally hard) and then finish up. (oiling and waxing as usual after sanding or whatever)

if it's REALLY humid, you can also clamp the scales up dry and put in the dehydrator for overnight or so before gluing up

Good video, but I didn't watch the whole thing. Lost some interest after the first knife.:thumbup:

Well I watched the whole video (which was great:thumbup:) waiting for the knife in the bottom right corner to get picked up:p......

okay, I just came up with the next challenge, to broaden things out for the BF makers.

A dedicated "one blade for the kitchen" camp kitchen knife.

now, who will run it :)

okay, I just came up with the next challenge, to broaden things out for the BF makers.

A dedicated "one blade for the kitchen" camp kitchen knife.

now, who will run it :)

You are reading my mind. Been working on just the knife to send in. I'm in!! Fun stuff.

Well I watched the whole video (which was great:thumbup:) waiting for the knife in the bottom right corner to get picked up:p......

I have no freaking clue why I did that:eek:

However, it is not the stopidest thing I have done regarding this contest.

Last night after I posted the first video, I decided to upload the second instead of just goinng to sleep. While uploading the second video there was an error, and in a daze I deleted the freaking video.

Now I have to do it all over again, minus the Gossman and Nightman knives. (cause guess who doesn't have them anymore.)

I never wanted to put my own head through a wall so much in my entire life.

I am shooting the second video in a little bit, and will have it up loaded today.

I have no freaking clue why I did that:eek:

However, it is not the stopidest thing I have done regarding this contest.

Last night after I posted the first video, I decided to upload the second instead of just goinng to sleep. While uploading the second video there was an error, and in a daze I deleted the freaking video.

Now I have to do it all over again, minus the Gossman and Nightman knives. (cause guess who doesn't have them anymore.)

I never wanted to put my own head through a wall so much in my entire life.

I am shooting the second video in a little bit, and will have it up loaded today.

Haha... sounds like you have an option to do it "perfectly" on a Camp Kitchen Knife Challenge next month!

I have been watching this thread and there are a bunch of amazing knife makers here. Thanks for putting in the time guys.

well, we might needs to get some other volunteers for testing for the camp kitchen knife. I'd also like some more feedback from makers. I think this one is a grewat way to open up the field a bit and get some other makers that aren't wss addicts involved (like, say, butch).

You also need enough lead time, I'd say end of May. A task list -camp kitchen means in this case not a game/skinning knife. That's a later challenge. this is one knife to take group "car camping" or supported group hiking. I don't think anything needs to be said other than that, except that judging should include having a functional case- not necessarily a belt sheath, but something besides rattling around inside your chuckwagon drawer.

Someone who does the camping thing or is in a good area for a late spring bush bash needs to step up with a new thread in a few days, after this one is all done. Nothing *wrong* with tony, marcelu, mike, and the crew of the frozen northeast doing it, but it's a lot of work... might be good to get another team, or at least have another new englander run the hard-work part.

I do like the team aspect, as it gives you more than one view!

Haha... sounds like you have an option to do it "perfectly" on a Camp Kitchen Knife Challenge next month!

I am pretty sure that I have something important to do that will keep me from being able to test anymore knives ...

;)

That would be an awesome challenge koyote. I would love to be a tester in that group if I had the time to do it. B/c hopefully that is going to be my next knife purchase a dedicated kitchen/camp kitchen knife. I need something to process my game and help out with supper from time to time. Someone jump on this one quickly!! :thumbup:

Back