• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[WTS] Medina (Lionwerks) Hellcat - Bronze w/ Acidwashed Blade & Zirc accents

Hey guys,

I’m looking to sell my Fernando Medina Hellcat today. I received the knife in a trade, not too long ago, so I believe I’m the second owner of it. It’s a really nice knife, but it’s not quite the right style for me. So with some recent purchases and some orders coming up, I’ve decided to sell it, as I could use the extra funds. Due to this, I’m not really interested in trades at the moment

IMG_8854 2.JPG

The maker Fernando Medina, makes some really unique knives (of which, the hellcat is probably the most well known), that are definitely in high demand at the moment (I think he has 26k followers on instagram)! And his books are currently closed. He previously went under the name “Lionwerks”, before just switching to just his actual name

14 - EjN8cW8.jpg

Image and Video Gallery

I'm looking to sell the knife for $985 CAD with Shipping and Paypal G&S included in that price

11 - huhVOBp.jpg

• Specs/Features:
    • CTS-XHP blade, with Fernando’s unique/signature grind
      • the blade is around 0.18” thick at it’s thickest point
      • However, it gets significantly thinner towards the edge
      • This is due to a steep flat grind
      • It’s actually really quite thin behind the edge (I can attempt to measure it, if you would like)
    • The edge is the original from the maker and is razor sharp
    • Light bronze Ti frame (definitely designed to be a good working finish)
    • Bronze coloured hardware
    • Zirconium backspacer, with a rock pattern on the inside of it
    • Zirconium clip (satin finish)

7 - xkD5AK7.jpg

• Further details:
    • The knife has solid lockup and no blade play
    • The blade centring is perfect
    • It's more of a light switch deployment with the flipper, than a push button
    • Please take a look at the gallery for an action video
    • The only thing I would note, is that there is a slight click sound, when you disengage the lockbar.
      • The blade still drops just fine, so don’t know that it's necessarily lock stick
      • I generally go for very slim knives, so I’m not used to knives with frames that are quite as thick as this one, so this may be perfectly normal for a more stout/sturdy framelock
      • It doesn’t seem to impede the performance of the knife, just full disclosure and all
      • If it does bother you, I'm sure that it would not be a problem to send it in to Fernando (Just make sure you have it mailed back disassembled, if you want to spa it and you should be all good. Not that I think it needs it, just for future reference I guess)
      • (The frames are about 0.172” thick by the way)

9 - gIDyU13.jpg

• Condition:
    • I have not used or carried the knife myself and I can’t really find evidence of use/carry by the previous owner
    • There do seem to be one or two small marks on the scales. However, as it is more of a working finish, they are quite hard to see and distinguish if it is actually a mark, or just part of the finish
    • The edge is in perfect condition and is razor sharp
    • Overall, it seems to be in great condition
    • I’ve made an extensive photo and video gallery though, so please take a look for yourself

19 - OxQ9Dyu.jpg
Thanks very much for taking a look! Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you are interested in potentially purchasing the knife!

Last edited:
Back