X-mas Give Away contest. Prize = 4 inch ti framelock proto Gunhammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
those pics just keep getting better and better. If you dont mind me asking what is k6 stellite? ive never heard of it before.

Sure is a GORGEOUS knife. If the HTM version looks half that good, I think Darrel's going to blow everyone out of the water. Yar!

Stellite is a cobalt-chromium alloy, which IIRC is supposed to be good for wear resistance. I don't know for sure about the K6 part of it; I've only ever heard of 100, but I know there are a variety of alloys. I think there's a company which makes most of it, or trademarked it, or something like that. Definitely good stuff for use in knives though. Generally resists wear very well, keeps a great edge, it's stainless and non-magnetic, and resists annealing, making it quite suitable for cutlery applications, I'd expect. Whoever is getting that beauty is a lucky dog!

Here is a proto of a similar knife to the HTM coming out only with a Damascus blade. We will make this knife in the Torpedo and Bowie Styles. The Bowie is shown.The knife shown is a custom version. PLEASE NOTE!!!! THE FRAME LOCK AND THE THICK LOCK BAR

377223_10150355819101765_607411764_8496908_2046884230_n.jpg

377223_10150355819086765_607411764_8496906_1070357272_n.jpg

377223_10150355819096765_607411764_8496907_2123482536_n.jpg

This is Similar to the Contest knife only with a S35VN blade.

Sure is a GORGEOUS knife. If the HTM version looks half that good, I think Darrel's going to blow everyone out of the water. Yar!

Stellite is a cobalt-chromium alloy, which IIRC is supposed to be good for wear resistance. I don't know for sure about the K6 part of it; I've only ever heard of 100, but I know there are a variety of alloys. I think there's a company which makes most of it, or trademarked it, or something like that. Definitely good stuff for use in knives though. Generally resists wear very well, keeps a great edge, it's stainless and non-magnetic, and resists annealing, making it quite suitable for cutlery applications, I'd expect. Whoever is getting that beauty is a lucky dog!

wow man thanks for the insight, thats awesome that its non magnetic. definately has the cool factor.

1) I honestly don't know what I'd do with the majority of my 24 hrs, it's a really good question and hard to answer. BUT, I do know that with only minutes left, I'd jump from a plane with no chute, to get one last look at the world I'm about to leave behind:thumbup:

2) "Gun Hammer Impact"

Didn't read all the post so I hope my post doesn't mimic anyone else's. Thanks for the chance!

-sh00ter

If I had 24 hours to live I would pack up the fiance and head to Antartica. We're considering doing this for our honeymoon. The idea is to hang out with the wild life; penguins/sea lions/etc. Extreme weather is something that interests me (especially cold).

I'd name the knife a gun hammer sledge.

Here is a proto of a similar knife to the HTM coming out only with a Damascus blade. We will make this knife in the Torpedo and Bowie Styles. The Bowie is shown.The knife shown is a custom version. PLEASE NOTE!!!! THE FRAME LOCK AND THE THICK LOCK BAR

377223_10150355819101765_607411764_8496908_2046884230_n.jpg

377223_10150355819086765_607411764_8496906_1070357272_n.jpg

377223_10150355819096765_607411764_8496907_2123482536_n.jpg

This is Similar to the Contest knife only with a S35VN blade.

Darrel was nice enough to let me handle this one at the NYCKS this past Saturday and if you think you like it from behind your computer you should see this baby in person. It's a hell of a solid knife, lockup is awesome, and the handles are incredible. It really is an awesome knife!

Did anyone win the contest yet? :)

It ends January 3rd. I know how you feel about waiting for this contest to end. I think we can all say that we're pretty anxious to hear.

I got my shirt from the last contest. I just wanted to say thanks Darrel! Its a pretty sweet shirt and definitely gets attention. :thumbup:

CIMG4340.jpg

Before I die - Watch the All Blacks play in New Zealand, after touring the country and drinking all day
Name - Gun Hammer Infinity

Last edited:
It ends January 3rd. I know how you feel about waiting for this contest to end. I think we can all say that we're pretty anxious to hear.

Actually, it ends on the 17th of December. Wouldn't be a Christmas contest if it ended on the 3rd of next year. The knife will be awarded on that date. I didn't make the contest run til Christmas Eve because I figured a lot of you will be out of town.

Actually, it ends on the 17th of December. Wouldn't be a Christmas contest if it ended on the 3rd of next year. The knife will be awarded on that date. I didn't make the contest run til Christmas Eve because I figured a lot of you will be out of town.

Sorry, my mistake! Can't really complain though now that I know it ends sooner :p

Good news. It's going to be a VERY merry Xmas for someone. I can't wait to see pics. Darrel's got to be one of the most artistic and skilled designers out there, after seeing some of those customs he's made.

Got my shirt when I went home for thanksgiving it was awesome thanks a lot! Would be cool to win the knife my birthday is on the 19th of december, hehe it would be a Christmas / birthday gift!

1) Traditional Maasai lion hunt.
2) Thor's Gunhammer. Ok Thor is taken so ... War Hammer taken .... John Henry's Gunhammer

Last edited:
Yeah, Just got my shirt too. Thank a bunch, wearing it right now...My Bday is Dec 29th. The knife would make it my best Birthday present EVER! But I'm never that lucky. Just happy to get the bad to the bone t-shirt.

My Gun Hammer arrived! I would have taken pictures, except I was busy dealing with the fallout of Southern California's mini-hurricane last night. It was nuts. Tree branches, billboards, and debris everywhere.

I'll snap some photos the soonest I am able. :D

My Gun Hammer arrived! I would have taken pictures, except I was busy dealing with the fallout of Southern California's mini-hurricane last night. It was nuts. Tree branches, billboards, and debris everywhere.

I'll snap some photos the soonest I am able. :D

Glad to hear you got it and even more so that you're alright after the inclement weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back