Ya' know what really pisses me off??

Ya' know what really pisses me off?? When I open a for sale thread and discover that the knife ha been sold, but the asking price ha been replaced by "SOLD". I'm sure this has been addressed in the past, but I haven't the patience to find the threads addressing the issue. At least with fleabay you know what the selling price was on a knife you might be interested in in the future. I mean...what's the big secret??

Last edited:
Not sure why,, I did it for a while because it seemed like the norm around here.
I think my last two sales I left the price,, its nice to know what it went for..

I have no idea why it's so common, I can't think of any reason why a person would do so instead of just adding SOLD to the listing.

In before the move to Feedback, and the inevitable heckling for beating a dead horse.

Ya' know what rally pisses me off?? When I open a for sale thread and discover that the knife ha been sold, but the asking price ha been replaced by "SOLD". I'm sure this has been addressed in the past, but I haven't the patience to find the threads addressing the issue. At least with fleabay you know what the selling price was on a knife you might be interested in in the future. I mean...what's the big secret??

The buyer offers to split 50% of the profit if they resell for more than you did later on.

Didn't you know that? I thought that was common around here.

Zero

I'm still trying to figure out what "rally" pisses off the OP. Motorsports have been popular since the first Monte Carlo rally in the early 20th century. :D

'Cause it's nobody's damned business except the seller and the buyer.....want a public service? Try PBS.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I have no idea why it's so common, I can't think of any reason why a person would do so instead of just adding SOLD to the listing.

If the prices are left then it establishes a past history of what a knife should be worth. If the prices are not left then a seller can set a higher price in the future. A lot of us do this as a hobby, and knives are interesting to us. But the knife business is cutthroat and there are a lot of people here that are in it for the money. They don't care anything about knives, just the profit. The knife community that uses this forum would be better served by leaving the prices, the people interested strictly in profit are served by removing prices. Pick whose side you are on and you can see by anyone's post which side they are on.

Some people argue that it is strictly between the buyer and seller what a knife sells for. To some extent that might be true, and we don't know what something was sold for, just what it was advertised for which is frequently not the same. Once you sign up for an internet forum with the intent of advertising and selling to the public, it is no long a private deal, it's very public.

But ultimately it is what the ownership of this website allows. If the rules allow this then the sellers can do it.

For the record, when I have listed items for sale I have left the advertised price in the listing.

Hmm I just sold a knife and did this exact thing... Honestly it's so commonplace that I just thought it was a rule. In the future I guess I should leave the asking price.

I'd like to see the prices. Seldom go to the exchange simply because I find it boring to see no pricing after something is sold in what seems like most cases. I like traditional knives. It would be real nice to see what some of the GEC's are selling for after they are sold out. I mean really..... is leaving the sold price such a big deal? Just maybe I have one that I want to sell and am unsure about an asking price.

Ya' know what rally pisses me off?? When I open a for sale thread and discover that the knife ha been sold, but the asking price ha been replaced by "SOLD". I'm sure this has been addressed in the past, but I haven't the patience to find the threads addressing the issue. At least with fleabay you know what the selling price was on a knife you might be interested in in the future. I mean...what's the big secret??

The only secret is that this topic has been beat to death on a regular basis, making not so much of a secret. The rules say the seller can leave or edit the post, their choice, we don't get involved. Using a price for something that sold a year ago is not a good gauge of what that same item might go for a year from now. TO the rest that are wondering why, read the rules.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=746&a=98

SECTION 3 - Rules for Everyone -
8. Sellers can keep or delete the prices in their thread, it is their prerogative.

image.jpg1_zpsbdwcb9fg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

But at least it is some sort of gauge on price....

A potentially incorrect one. Not everything goes up in value. Especially if a a second run of a certain item is released. A quick search on the forums usually works, as well as Google.

No secret, is none of your business, is a private transaction once the buyer pays for it and is between the two parties, yes others can see it but once is done is done. You don't like it? Be quick to look at it before it sales.

The only secret is that this topic has been beat to death on a regular basis, making not so much of a secret. The rules say the seller can leave or edit the post, their choice, we don't get involved. Using a price for something that sold a year ago is not a good gauge of what that same item might go for a year from now. TO the rest that are wondering why, read the rules.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=746&a=98

Interesting. Another forum I frequent mandates the price stay in an ad. If it's a discount price, original price asked has to remain as well.

Interesting. Another forum I frequent mandates the price stay in an ad. If it's a discount price, original price asked has to remain as well.

Indeed, different forums have different rules. This one forbids adding trade values to curtail selling by registered or basic users. Other forums require it. Not uncommon.

Back