Yangdu's big deals on big khukuris for 6/15/4. Pix and steals.

Jotto, when I first saw the thread, there were three posts. When I came back shortly, there were 14.

munk

Dang! I missed another Kat. Oh well, next time i WILL snatch one up:) Good snags all that got these awesome khuks.

~Jake

That Monster AK is scaled up so perfectly that it looks like it was photoshopped in. :D
Mark you really should have jumped on that one. :D I've never seen anything like it here.

Bill, you've got you photo skills back. Thank you for such an awesome shot of some great blades.

Yangdu has been throwing everything out the window the last couple of days and the feeding frenzy below is beyond words. The selection has been excellent! :D :D :D
Bless you Yangdu and Uncle Bill. :)

Glad I was at a meeting for a while or I'd have been out some real money :cool: :cool: :cool:

shappa said:
That Monster AK is scaled up so perfectly that it looks like it was photoshopped in. :D
Mark you really should have jumped on that one. :D I've never seen anything like it here.

Bill, you've got you photo skills back. Thank you for such an awesome shot of some great blades.

Those do not seem to come around to often, I know that is the first that I have seen. Perhaps next time. I saw the great knives that you got at Blade over in the Gallery forum very, very nice. Congrats on picking those up.

Jotto said:
What's a guy to do if he can't sit in front of the computer constantly?

Otto

Hey, tell me about it! But I have found that if you make a concentrated effort to check in around late morning, and then again early afternoon (of course that's PST time, YMMV), EVERY DAY, then you stand a good chance of hitting the special pretty close, say within an hour, but this one was unusual for how fast everything went. Yesterday I just had a "feeling" and hit Yangdu's 6/13 clearance within about 10 minutes and nailed two items, and then a third on the afternoon clearance. There went my discretionary funds for the rest of the month, but that's what they are there for! :)

The plain wood handled Katana is on my wish list, and I _almost_ considered that 30" AK, but the fact of the matter is I have the 26.5" Chiruwa AK, and as big as I am it is almost unusable for more than a few good swings. I can't imagine trying to heft this 5 pound monster! I would like to see it and hold it though just because they are so rare around here. Sure is a beauty! Congrats to whoever picked it up!

Regards,

Norm

> Congrats to whoever picked it up!

Thanks. I'll write up a relevant report as soon as I have a valid excuse to use the beast in it's intended way - by taking a part time position as a lumberjack, perhaps? Can't promise any pictures, though: guess where my funds intended for a digital camera just went? ;)

The trees would drop their leaves in fear if they saw you approaching them with that godzilla-sized khuk.

Andrew

Azis said:
forget clearing brush with that Ak you could take down trees!
Or fight Conan with it

My "mad money" for May lasted til the 9th of that month. My "mad money" for June went by the 28th of May, and the "mad money" for July got spent on June 13th. Going to be a long, looong six weeks.

As munk reminded me, in early or mid May, I said that anything that cost $150 or more "better go bang". Oh, well, I didn't say I was consistent.

At least now, I have a pair and a spare ( that makes three the way I count it ) of small Tibetan swords now. :D :D :D

Rusty said:
At least now, I have a pair and a spare ( that makes three the way I count it ) of small Tibetan swords now. :D :D :D

Rusty, from this day forward, you can never tell munk to shut up about your siege mentality again :D :D

--Josh

Actually I'm looking for a 3rd Mod 36 J frame, a third CZ83, and a third Berretta 950 ( for my CCW ). :eek:

I should be seeing Rusty in the Desert shortly. A dangerous duo.

May pick up a few hi cap mags on my way back to Montana.

munk

Wow, that's triple redundancy! Better than most mil spec aircraft.

I do have three bass guitars, but they're all slightly diff in looks and playability.

You may be OCD if you have the same redundancy in clothes, computers, and autos.;)

shappa said:

I was holding my 27" Chiruwa AK and looking at Seths pix of his 26-27 vs. the 30", and realized that the 2 blades are almost identical. The 30" AK sold here is 80 oz. while my Chiruwa is almost 74 oz.

The main difference is in the handle. Overall, the 30" blade is only about an inch or a bit longer, but the handle is about 2.5" to 3" longer. When I hold mine it pretty much has to be a one-handed swing, unluess I want to choke up on the blade, whereas with the 30" you can get both hands into it, which with a knife this size helps a lot.

I still haven't decided yet if I want one of these considering the handle differences, but it would definietely look great on the wall. For swinging and chopping, a 30" Sirupati is a lot easier to handle for sure!

Regards,

Norm

Back