Yangdu's Lucky Seven deals for4/14--Pix and usual steals.

I've been waiting to see a YBB!

Looks like there were some great prices on these.

Best of luck on your journey, Yangdu.

Svashtar said:
Missed again! What inthahell is up with these and me? I have more HI products than you can shake a pointy stick at and for some reason can NOT get my hands on 17-18" Villager BGRS's in wood and horn. Itsa Conspiracy! (You guys must be getting together to buy up every BGRS Villager posted, and are donating them to charity or something just so I can't get my hands on one! Can't be anything else. :mad: )

I sent my email a whole 5 minutes after Yangdu posted and was still too late! Who do I have to shoot? My fault, as it wasn't until I read Yvsa's complimentary words about Villager's that I even paid attention to them. I had one Villager AK from Uncle when he sold several of them in one day last year, and that was it. I got a 18" Villager WWII a couple of weeks ago and almost overnight it has become one of my favorites. It is razor sharp, has a nice satin horn handle that feels great, and it chops like a fiend. I have several other BGRS's, but only one is a Villager and that's a nice little 15"er, but I want a 17-18", preferably at around 28-30 oz.

I have an extra Manjushree that I somehow miraculously acquired effortlessly; if I have to I'll trade it for $140 worth of Villager BGRS's and just eat the difference!

Uncle Bill always said that the right knife would find it's owner; there are a couple of Villager BGRS's out there for me; I'll get them one of these years!

:D

Norm

Norm:

Sorry...I am the guilty one. :eek: I was hoping for the Chiruwa AK which I can never seem to get and Shann got there first. I was hoping that the Village GRS would help me with my HIKV which won't seem to go into remission. Agree with you on Village models. Love the satin finish and they just seem to want to be used as opposed to lovingly admired.

Jeff

All the villagers I have seem to have a sharper edge and better edge holding ability than a lot of the standard models I have.

Hollowdweller, you think that they might be overheating the purty ones when they are buffing them? That is the last order of operations and would be done after heat treating :confused:

Comparing my villagers (very sharp) to my standard models (pretty, but blunt), it definitely seems that they are sharpened and then polished--at least the standard models I have seem to have been "polished dull."

Safe trip and Blessings Yangdu!

Svashtar said:
I sent my email a whole 5 minutes after Yangdu posted...

hehehe...5 minutes is an eternity Norm...*way* too slow for the shark pool. You're chum by that point...

Back