YCS Priority List - Please check here a.s.a.p.

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Bill got in 2 shipments of the YCS. He didn't know about the second until after he posted the first.

None of the YCS so far have been marked for shipment.

I am doing this in the most fair way I can see possible.

Here is what's available:

(4) Purpleheart - chiruwa
(2) Sandalwood - chiruwa.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
(6) "Checkerboard" - hidden tang (see other thread)

Please indicate your preference a.s.a.p.

Here's the priority list from the other thread. The first person on the list gets first pick of all of the above, the 2nd gets second pick, etc. That's why I need to know a.s.a.p. - especially the first 10 guys on the list.
  • Mr.BadExample - - - - checkerboard
  • Russ Kay - - - - sandalwood
  • mPisi - - - - checkerboard
  • mPisi - - - - waiting
  • Dave Hahn - - - - waiting
  • Aardvark - - - - waiting
  • Wesley Hoenshel - - - - purpleheart
  • Svashtar - - - - checkerboard
  • ecll - - - - purpleheart
  • ArchAngel - - - - waiting
  • BrianInChi - - - - bone, antler, ex. wood
  • pmel018 - - - - checkerboard
  • John Satchell - - - - purpleheart
  • John Satchell - - - - sandalwood
  • Cinquedea - - - - checkerboard
  • Nasty - - - - waiting
  • hollowdweller - - - - waiting
  • Snake Bitten - - - - waiting
  • empty5853 - - - - checkerboard
  • Steely Gunz - - - - purpleheart
  • mamav - - - - purpleheart
  • luopo - - - - purpleheart, sandalwood
  • manghu67 - - - - purpleheart, ex. wood
  • Anon Y. Mouse - - - - osage, ex. wood
If your name is in bold - I'm still waiting to hear from you (or haven't placed you on the list below yet).

I am putting together the list for the 12 YCS listed above and will be emailing it to Yangdu tomorrow. Bill has Dr. appointments - please do not call and bug him about this. It will not get you any closer to your YCS. ;)

--------------------------------------
Official Taker List

Purpleheart
1 - Wesley Hoenshel
2 - John Satchell
3 - ecll
4 - Steely Gunz

Sandalwood
1 - John Satchell
2 - Russ Kay

Checkerboard
1 - Mr. Bad Example
2 - Svashtar
3 - mPisi
4 - Cinquedea
5 - pmel018
6 - empty5853

---------------------------------------

Glad to see these come in:D i know i said anything and i meant it, but i'd prefer churuwa over the checkerboard style. sand. or PH, doesnt matter. Thanks for doing this, Dan. look pretty great:)

Jake

I don't know the quality of the sandalwood, mPisi - and I don't want to ask Yangdu to go through it again. She unpacked 200 khukuris today - I think we can let her take a break...;)

I need the first 12 on the priority list to reply a.s.a.p. You can also say "prefer to wait". Bill has told me he will make a request for more as soon as these are shipped out.

Save any questions or complaints for the other thread. This is just for dealing with the disbursement in a fair and proper manner - thanks.

Hey Dan,

I'm holding out for some osage orange chirwu (knock on wood, literally), maybe cocobolo chirwu, which is an amazing wood. Put me on the waiting list.

Thanks!!!

Hi Dan
I'll take what ever there is but prefer the hidden tang if possible. I need to pay for shipment so need to know when they will ship out
Phil Melhop (pmel018)

Dan,
I will hold out in hopes of a horn or antler model coming through in the next batch. ;) :cool:
Rick

Sandalwood Chiruwa but if more are coming I'd be happy to hold off if there's a possibliity of the trad bolster being on any of the ones yet to arrive.

Dan,

I know I'm far down on the list but here's my choices:

1. Checkerboard
2. Purpleheart
3. Sandalwood

If theses aren't available, then any exotic wood, hidden tang or not, will be great.

From what they've sent so far. I don't think we could go wrong if they made the handles out of bubblegum and tree bark :D

Mark T.

List updated.

Have no idea what the bolsters look like. If it's an issue, better wait until the next batch. Yangdu & Bill have Doc appts. today - not going to bother them with details.

If your name is on the list - email me your shipping address a.s.a.p.!

Daniel Koster said:
List updated.

Have no idea what the bolsters look like. If it's an issue, better wait until the next batch. Yangdu & Bill have Doc appts. today - not going to bother them with details.

That's fine with me.

Back