Yes, Please, I'll Take One Of These

For some reason I was thinking the use of apples seemed awfully prevalent but I couldn't make any connections with it.

I don't know that 100% of course, I was just trying to entertain. :p

However I will recall that I was in my prime in that era of advertisements and there for sure weren't as many "challengers" in the field then. But there's always been a contemporary of Jerry's who at that time <and still today> was really big on publicizing and advertising with his own brand of "PROOF." ;)

So, I'd say the intended target of Jerry's ad would've been pretty apparent in that context in time-- and the ad would've applied to everyone else in the field, in a more general sense, kinda like a blanket challenge.:cool:

Last edited:
Why you bunch a blue flame special quarterback punks :D

giphy.gif

I don't know that 100% of course, I was just trying to entertain. :p

However I will recall that I was in my prime in that era of advertisements and there for sure weren't as many "challengers" in the field then. But there's always been a contemporary of Jerry's who at that time <and still today> was really big on publicizing and advertising with his own brand of "PROOF." ;)

So, I'd say the intended target of Jerry's ad would've been pretty apparent in that context in time-- and the ad would've applied to everyone else in the field, in a more general sense, kinda like a blanket challenge.:cool:
I wonder if those apples and SOGgy cereal were hinting at a company out of Washington state? And is it just me or does it look like there are some other words spelled out in the bowl? Like "crybaby" above the spoon and "loser" below it? Lol!

When I ordered my first Busse in mid-1994 the original ATS34 Steel Heart was no longer available. I had to settle for the longer
BB SH II. Got two of the originals later on the aftermarket.

When I ordered my first Busse in mid-1994 the original ATS34 Steel Heart was no longer available. I had to settle for the longer

oh you poor soul, a BBSH, let me play the violin for you:D

It's pretty amazing how A-2 steel was so highly touted back then.

A2 properly HT is still a great steel today. I would take Busse A2 over other manufacturers 3v, with the exception of Carothers. The HT is what makes it rock. After seeing Busse D2 take beatings that no D2 should be able to take there is no doubt that Busse HT makes all their steels top contenders.

I've got a custom shop Satin Basic 7 that is probably one of my favorite blades!
I'm guessing it is the one that was listed in the satin Basic set for sale. That is a beautiful knife :cool:, and I would have bought it in a second if money had not been tight.

Thank you for the date range Mike! :thumbsup:

Id love to see this version as well! :);)
Me too. :thumbsup: I was disappointed in the ASH-2 tip profile change. :(

Back