You always remember your first

My first -kin was the RMD.
First Busse was a SHE-2.
I still have the RMD...and just about every RMD I have bought since (I sold one because I didn't like the new natural canvas, and there was a forum member in want.

The first Busse I kept was an Urban Grudge LE. It's been carried and used; and it's here to stay.

This little lady right here:
13917126991_692af0a3f6_o.jpg

My first was a Ratmandu. Tan micarta on desert sage. Don't recollect the year. Probably in the 2015-ish time frame.

And yes, I still have it. Razor sharp, and stripped.

Picked up my first from Jerry at a Preparedness Expo in Indianapolis in 1997 I think. It was a SHSH. I had walked by the table twice and the third time Jerry said "just buy it, you're making me tired" Not sure where it ended up, along with a bunch others, but still have the SHBM that made it's way back to me that I got before the turn of the century😅

My first was a Ratmandu. Tan micarta on desert sage. Don't recollect the year. Probably in the 2015-ish time frame.

And yes, I still have it. Razor sharp, and stripped.

Picked up my first from Jerry at a Preparedness Expo in Indianapolis in 1997 I think. It was a SHSH. I had walked by the table twice and the third time Jerry said "just buy it, you're making me tired" Not sure where it ended up, along with a bunch others, but still have the SHBM that made it's way back to me that I got before the turn of the century😅

Pics please

^^^^^^^^This one, long gone traded it for a FBMCG bruiser that is also long gone….way of the blade. Could not bring myself to just sit there and look at it any longer so it had to go. I was never going to use it.😢😢😢😢😢

First two is as close as I can get. Basic 9 and a Groove Master. Don’t recall which was first. Held on to the Basic until this year, GM was sold long ago.

Busse - TGULB black finish with red & black G10 scales.

Swamp Rat - Rodent Rucki in black with green & black G10 scales.

Scrapyard - OMG-15 Black on black.

Still waiting for the Busse Smatchet...

Busse - TGULB black finish with red & black G10 scales.

Swamp Rat - Rodent Rucki in black with green & black G10 scales.

Scrapyard - OMG-15 Black on black.

Still waiting for the Busse Smatchet...
I don't remember my first scrapper, but I think it had to be a scrapdaddy or something.

I do remember one of my first swamprats though. The bottom one in this pic
KbVevvc.jpg

Unfortunately no longer have this fine blade. My first happened to be one of the most useful as well.

View attachment 1875979My friend needed a nice knife. He likes to hike mountains (he's starting to do those big boy climbs now) so I gave him my Mudd Mutt.

I love this knife. They are so useful.. Basically an Anorexic RMD with Mudder handles. Thing is just a sick no frills, no excuses, good at being a knife.. knife lol.

I honestly think it should be one of those knives that's on sykcos site in perpetuity but alas.. I guess we only like 3 ¹/2" blades now (not knocking it by any means.. love my 1020 like a mofo)
hey buddy , thats a pure selfless hog move! If your friend still has it, I don’t think it‘ll be an issue to ask your friend to allow a period of reunion with her, maybe ask her the adventures and expeditions your friend had went through with the company of this knife and a selfless freindship!🤠:cool:

Last edited:
My first was an ASH-1 with Big DC finish and black and tan g10 handle. It was a thick version 0.32 or something. Had it been a standard thickness blade I would probably still have it.

Back