You always remember your first

wish I could find an o.g. mistress for MSRP today haha.

my first was a pumpkin boss Jack. since then it's made it to other hands, however I've returned to the model and also own a Syerlheart ergo that will never go away.
I sure do !!!

My first Busse

A SteelHeart E, I got from Aundre (Papathud) many many years ago 2001 or earlier.

I thought 300.00 was really expensive for a knife back then. LOL

Luckily I was able to trade sheath work for it .

Still have her.

what a ride it has been

What are your firsts Busse-kin ?

1bbpjey.jpg

pGYAAgD.jpg

Old sheaths

LNLMU5i.jpg

BdzA5dO.jpg

KUKyJf6.jpg

I started with a Swamp Rat M6 while I waited ever so patiently for the CGFBM. Sadly sold the M6. CGFBM could use a spa treatment.

Through hardened Battle Rat from The Rat Formerly Known as PaddlingMan aka Cutshaw. Then I finally got to shake his hand at Blade Atlanta. (some year, mind is gone).

Skinny ASH with jungle green coating. Had an edge like a brick, but wish I’d invested some time to sharpen it, rather than selling it.

My first was a FBM (I think back in 2006/07) I was sold on it by watching a video by Noss where he would push knives to the very edge by testing until destruction. I was very impressed by how the Busse’s knives perform. I sold it some years later and found my true love HR SE 2008 comp finish.

Attachments

• IMG_8322.jpeg
    IMG_8322.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1971.jpeg
    IMG_1971.jpeg
    947 KB · Views: 9
Skinny ASH with jungle green coating. Had an edge like a brick, but wish I’d invested some time to sharpen it, rather than selling it.
Skinny ash is one of my favorites. I had one that I had stripped and an amazing polished convex edge was put on it. It was the sharpest knife I’ve ever owned. I miss her :(

Attachments

• IMG_4826.jpeg
    IMG_4826.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 7
Mine was a BA-E. Ordered directly from Jerry over the phone with the old catalog. 1997 or 98?? Sold it 5 years ago i believe but still have my leaner meaner street I purchased soon after with the new diamond quilted micarta handles from the older hand shaped.

Not my first first… but first to get edc’d , carried and used outside the house… size and it came with a sheath…
IMG_2434.jpeg

My first busse was a NMFSH. This was at least 10 years ago.

I don't have it anymore, but wish I did.

Solid, huge chunk of infi.

Back