You just gotta laugh at the little things once in a while

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Hickory n steel, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    DeSotoSky and Ace Rimmer like this.
  2. Jeff of the North

Jeff of the North Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Once I can understand but multiple offences is rather sketchy. Whomever typed that needs to update their dictionary.

3. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    It happens, but as a business owner you need to double check things like that!

4. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Gotta be some kind of copy and paste thing going on, theres no way they'd type this 3 or more times for that page.
    I sure they hope they have a good laugh over this and not fire someone or anything .

5. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Gotta love a "spell checker" that don't know to spell. :D

6. dsutton24

dsutton24 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Anybody bother to contact Copper and Clad about the mistake?

jbmonkey likes this.
  7. DeSotoSky

DeSotoSky Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Why fix it, the purpose of an ad is to draw attention to the product.... Success!

Lesknife likes this.
  8. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    good thing none of us have ever made a typing or spelling mistake.:rolleyes::D

you could laugh at every post I do here. I miss words in sentences. never type them. misspell and my grammar/grammer is horrible, and that's just being nice.

9. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    You forgot capitalization:p:D:p

KarlG, sassafrassdogs, mbkr and 3 others like this.
  10. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    always do. i try to remember to capitalize Buck now when I type it. that's about as far as I get on capitalization.... .

11. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    I've been trying my best to catch all of my typos because it was partly me ( mostly my last defective phone though ) , but It was bad enough at one point I was accused of doing it on purpose and I'm pretty sure there was a thread in one of the sections dedicated to hating me because of it. Perused it once and it was a pretty savage attack for sure.

Can't really blame them considering the number of typos I was making and my poor forum etiquette before.

jbmonkey and gedlicks like this.
  12. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    I believe we are all guilty of screwing up our own posts at one time or another..;)
    John

sassafrassdogs, pjsjr and jbmonkey like this.
  13. Jeff of the North

Feb 22, 2020
    What confuses me the most is that almost all devices have a dictionary or auto correct. It's understandable for one mistake like that to slip by but that person must have that word loaded in their personal dictionary for it to go unnoticed. Even my 95 year old grandmother could have corrected that with her phone or tablet.

14. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I'm thinking cut and paste like Hickory n steel.

15. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    they really arent that great. I had to train mine to spell y'all correctly. it kept trying to make it without the apostrophe and spelled like this... ya'll. which is wrong as it's a contraction of you and all. so y'all. that's one example. there are many.

KarlG likes this.
  16. pjsjr

Jan 2, 2005
    Auto-correct has me laughing and/or fuming most every day. I use the voice dictation a lot and if I don't have my glasses on to proof what I'm about to send it can/has been very laughable/embarrassing.

GPyro and jbmonkey like this.
  17. mbkr

May 20, 2018
    Speaking of auto correct/dictionaries, I had a secretary at one time that would let the auto correct, "correct" engineering terms I had used in specs I had written. None of these engineering terms were in the auto correct of course, so it made for some interesting "corrections". She was convinced it was smarter than me. She was extremely resistant to ignoring the auto correct. People like her will one day welcome the rise of the machines :eek:

18. pjsjr

Jan 2, 2005
    There is another forum where a member has as his signature line, 'Dear auto-correct, I'm tried of all your shirt!':D

Jeff of the North, jbmonkey and mbkr like this.
  19. mbkr

May 20, 2018
    lol.gif

pjsjr and jbmonkey like this.
  20. Jeff of the North

Feb 22, 2020
    Good point. :thumbsup: