Your 3 best fixed blade knives under 5 ounces

share your best knife models with us, whether it's survival self-defense or whatever ... photos and cool true stories are always welcome

Izula, Kansbol, and Kobun for me. :)

No cool stories I’m afraid, but I often use the last two for some quick food prep. Works surprisingly well. The Izula is my pocket fixed blade.

sxpWclE.jpg

aT0KriI.jpg

Uuv2Wlj.jpg

[QUOTE = "DangerZone98, Beitrag: 20341509, Mitglied: 528343"] Willkommen bei BF! [/ QUOTE]
Thank you. i have an izula 2, nice almost indestructible edc

Lee D

Basic Member
Izzy II
Bradford G3
Fallkniven F1 (just a “c hair” over 5oz)

Last edited:
D DangerZone98 Did they change the sheath on the Kansbol ? Pretty cool little knife , I might pick one up for Grandson.
81nztcOFkNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Probably a different version? Mine looks more basic than the one in your pic hehe. Just the plastic sheath + belt loop.

Quick review of it: functionally, I can’t see any advantage that the Kansbol has over a Companion or 511. But I picked it up because it looked pretty. It’s a great knife.

sgt1372

Platinum Member
Marciada/Bastinelli - Pika - 1.27 oz. My favorite SD carry that I have actually used legally in SD.

That one was surrendered after the incident but I never bothered to try to get it back; it's been over a year. I bought another to replace it and still have 2 of them because I sometimes wear one on both my strong and weak sides.

iu

Russell Reese - Cohutta Pukko - 4.48 oz. A BF Exchange "find" that I love to handle and look at but have never actually carried or used. I just think that it's really "pretty."

940ed9e3-1e9d-48c0-84e9-87b89a2f9f78-jpeg.1190813

Hella - Hellafisk - 2.2 oz. Another BF Exchange "find" that FLOATS which, if I were a fisherman, I would carry on fishing trips or, if my father was still alive, I'd give to him as a gift because he really WAS a fisherman, who would appreciate it.

iu

Last edited:

comis

Gold Member
By restricting the knife to under 5 ounces, it virtually bar out most fixed blade that is over 4" with a full tang, and limiting the choices to smaller fixed blade, neck knife or partial tang knife.

Here are a few I that I do like:

aNJN9qf.jpg

Mora Bushcraft Survival Black

T1KCCO3.jpg

TM Hunt Telemagua

CmrLvJX.jpg

CPK DEK1

[QUOTE = "GB940Rookie, Post: 20343205, Mitglied: 450972"] Willkommen bei BF

Spyderco Sprig
4,25 Klingenlänge
3,8 oz

Mein Lieblings-Lagermesser

GEuCScH.jpg
[/ ZITAT]
Thank you. i have to say spyderco also makes great knives. i haven't been among knife fans that long, but i have to say of the knives listed here i would like to buy at least every second one. I recently got a spyderco ark and I have to say the quality convinced me, as a backup for salt water it is really good

Marciada/Bastinelli - Pika - 1.27 oz. My favorite SD carry that I have actually used legally in SD.

That one was surrendered after the incident but I never bothered to try to get it back; it's been over a year. I bought another to replace it and still have 2 of them because I sometimes wear one on both my strong and weak sides.

iu

Russell Reese - Cohutta Pukko - 4.48 oz. A BF Exchange "find" that I love to handle and look at but have never actually carried or used. I just think that it's really "pretty."

940ed9e3-1e9d-48c0-84e9-87b89a2f9f78-jpeg.1190813

Hella - Hellafisk - 2.2 oz. Another BF Exchange "find" that FLOATS which, if I were a fisherman, I would carry on fishing trips or, if my father was still alive, I'd give to him as a gift because he really WAS a fisherman, who would appreciate it.

iu
Just because of its weight, the Marciada / Bastinelli - Pika is really cool. since you unfortunately had to test it in practice, is the "small" blade really enough to defend yourself effectively?

skyhorse

Gold Member
Probably a different version? Mine looks more basic than the one in your pic hehe. Just the plastic sheath + belt loop.

Quick review of it: functionally, I can’t see any advantage that the Kansbol has over a Companion or 511. But I picked it up because it looked pretty. It’s a great knife.
It’s a good looking knife , I wonder if the tang is different than the Companion ?

I only have 2 fixed blades that fit this category, and that's my Dpx Hest fixed, and my Buck 101 fixed. My esee 3hm probably falls in that category, I didn't check. But I actually do use those knives alot, and love em

hhmoore

Gold Member
My DEK1 isn't under 5 oz...
I actually had a difficult time with this one. I pulled around 15 and confirmed them to be under 5 oz - but which 3 are the best? What parameters make them the best... Steel, handle shape, maker's name, appearance, most used, most carried, most expensive, least expensive, number of likes received for pictures??
I arbitrarily cut it down to these 6...but that meant removing 9 great knives.
PXL_20210217_135217350_copy_1280x530.jpg

DMG

Gold Member
Sorry no pics but my only fixed blades under 5 ounces are a Spyderco Aqua Salt and a White River Backpacker. I highly recommend both.

jstn

Gold Member
I’m soon to have a custom Street Beat Tribute knife from David Mary in Lc200n and black micarta. That will be my favorite when it arrives!

comis

Gold Member
My DEK1 isn't under 5 oz...
I actually had a difficult time with this one. I pulled around 15 and confirmed them to be under 5 oz - but which 3 are the best? What parameters make them the best... Steel, handle shape, maker's name, appearance, most used, most carried, most expensive, least expensive, number of likes received for pictures??
I arbitrarily cut it down to these 6...but that meant removing 9 great knives.
View attachment 1511472

Thanks for the correction and quick apology to OP, I read off from my spreadsheet and definitely read the wrong column. My DEK1 should be 6.24oz.