Your 3 best fixed blade knives under 5 ounces

There is that stunning Heron again! What a beauty.

What's the weight in oz of these custom knives?

Thank you!:)
Had to check them on the digital scale since you asked :p. Initially I was just guessing the Heron was under the thread-imposed weight limit but wasn't 100% sure. It turns out it just squeaks in under the limit :D.

In the order they're posted..
Coop - 2.43 oz
Tolokot - 2.62 oz
Heron - 4.93 oz

Inyoni - agile and strong. Easy to clean. Flawless hollow grind + serrations. Grip is shockingly secure.Screenshot_20210226-212028_Imgur.jpg

Jack @ONeill Beauty works every time. Comfortable grip. All business D2 blade.
KjA3o6U.jpg

Just started using this little 3finger @KHall knife a lot lately. Greater than the sum of its parts. Love that thin edge and huge belly on a small knife.
XPmdIsN.jpg

Randall #10-3. Excellent EDC
Screenshot_20210226-215049_Photos.jpg

@samuraistuart thin knife in A2. I've EDCed it on the farm some, but mostly it's devoured limes behind my bar.Screenshot_20210226-215152_Photos.jpg

Oops I just read it's the best 3 blades. Oh well, pick 3!

[QUOTE = "bigsurbob, post: 20364451, member: 454041"] Inyoni - agil und stark. Einfach zu säubern. Makelloser Hohlschliff + Verzahnungen. Der Griff ist schockierend sicher. [ATTACH = voll] 1517169 [/ ATTACH]

Jack [USER = 214635] [USER = 214635] @ONeill [/ USER] [/ USER] Schönheit funktioniert jedes Mal. Bequemer Griff. Alle Business D2 Klinge.
KjA3o6U.jpg

Ich habe gerade gehört, dieses kleine 3finger [USER = 243984] [USER = 243984] @KHall [/ USER] [/ USER] Messer in letzter Zeit viel zu viel. Größer als die Summe seiner Teile. Ich liebe diese dünne Kante und den trockenen Bauch auf ein kleines Messer.
XPmdIsN.jpg

Randall # 10-3. Ausgeliche EDC
[ATTACH = voll] 1517182 [/ ATTACH]

[USER = 187431] [USER = 187431] @samuraistuart [/ USER] [/ USER] dünnes Messer in A2. Ich habe es auf der Farm einige EDCed, aber gehört ist es verschlungene Limetten hinter meiner Bar. [ATTACH = voll] 1517183 [/ ATTACH]

Hoppla, ich habe gerade gelesen, dass es die besten 3 Klingen sind. Na ja, wähle 3! [/ QUOTE]

I like the randall very much

Spyderco Moran (either flavor) and Street Bowie are very light. They do have short stubby tangs, though. No cool stories, but they all work very well in the kitchen.

Rumor has it if you break a Street Bowie Fred Perrin will magically appear and kiss you on the lips...

Rumor has it that if you break a mora classic 1, cody lundin will magically show up and steal all your shoes ...

Bolster-Backpack-Knives.jpg

Spyderco Mule with scales removed: 2.8 oz (no sheath) .12" thick. 3.5" blade.
Becker D'Eskabar: 2.6 oz (no sheath) .15" thick. 3.2" length.
WR M1 Backpacker: 2.2 oz (no sheath). .13" thick. 3.0" blade.

"...unless one is gearing up for an ultra-lite backpacking adventure, does a few ounces matter for a fixed blade? If your answer is yes, please explain why."

Exactly. Lightweight backpacker here, and wow, the ounces add up so fast...! It's taken me years and a bucket of money to get my baseweight down to 12 lbs.

in short, a lightweight edc knife that weighs nothing and is not noticeable, but with the right technology it is enough for all tasks is great.

Limitless freedom for me is the clothes you wear, a small knife, a fire steel, a stainless steel cup, that's all you need for the wilderness, regardless of the climate ...
the equipment weighs next to nothing and you can do a lot of distances and explore places that you would never have gotten even with light luggage

best regards

I have a pile of fixed blades that are under five ounces. Rather than call out any of my favorite pocket carry tiny blades, let me suggest this amazing knife as a standout, the DED Universal M (4.6oz) with a just under five inch blade:

ZmSqQPP.jpg

I don't have pictures handy, but for even lighter the Rosarms Stalker at ~3oz (stacked birch bark version) for a hand filling grip and a ~4.5" blade is pretty great as well, especially for <$80.

Is post 43 translated into German, or is my computer playing a joke on me. It did switch Google to Dutch once, no kidding.

Back