Your best knife pic of the week!

OhVTlFW.jpg

weHuwYDh.jpg

Finally got an angle where the lighting hits the pivot and inside the scale holes correctly to show the matching jewel finish. I love that the flash on this one is present, but subtle. The outside of the handle are matte, but the jewel finish is on the pivot, backspacer, and the insides of both handle scales.

Despite the subtle bling, this thing is a workhorse. This pic was taken this morning as I was about to clock in for what will be about a 16 hour day, leading up to our annual inventory on Saturday. Since taking this, the knife has been through about 60 yards of cardboard.

I love this knife.

I posted my first pic here at the end of last week and had a couple from my files picked out for this and next, but shot those below today at work and like how they came out, so I'll post them now. I'm back at a house I built twenty years ago doing some waterproofing and re-siding in a very difficult, ocean-facing pair of niches. We did an incredibly thorough and detailed flashing and sealing job back then, but with 4 large windows, an 8-foot slider, built in benches with bluestone tops, an inset deck, and exposed posts over living space it's an area that's basically designed to leak in big storms when the wind blows from the East and piles the water up in there.

Anyway, this is a favorite house and a favorite client. I was inside today, up and down a portion of the two-story stainless steel and reclaimed longleaf staircase and balcony rail system I did the shop drawings for and built back when. I took a minute to snap some pics of another favorite--my Shirogorov F95T work user.

YmCHrkj.jpg

VGEIXji.jpg

SYZo7xJ.jpg

Perhaps a weekly poll for knife pic of the week (or month?) With some sort of award for the winner? A few car forums I've been part of over the years did that. Just a suggestion/thought.

Back