Your Black Friday purchase?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by FullMetalJackass, Nov 29, 2019.

1. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    I got this Buck 112 on sale for $99.00, went back to the site on Saturday for the 112 Elite and they were sold out.

IMG_0600.jpg

4mer_FMF, myu and Kaizen1 like this.
  2. RealVendetta

RealVendetta Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Well its Cyber Monday but I just ordered a Massdrop Gent for $60. How could I say no?

Kaizen1 likes this.
  3. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    I made a purchase last Friday, but it had nothing to do with Blackness. A used Hossom Forager. image.jpeg

Durham68, Kaizen1, Murphjd25 and 2 others like this.
  4. Mewithknives

Mewithknives

Nov 17, 2019
    Ordered a SOG Terminus xr with s35vn Friday 10% off and 2 hrs later I get emails for 20 and 30% off.
    Paid 64 dollars for it.

Gideons likes this.
  5. Yimes

Yimes Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2018
    I have been eyeing the Kizer Pinch in brown micarta for a while now because I have an unhealthy obsession with micarta but at $59 I just couldn’t pull the trigger. Saw it today (Cyber Monday) for $47.20 and took the plunge.

6. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Man I want a 532 so bad, but they cost too much for me to buy one.
    The current BOTM is a 532 that's around $180, and even the Remington bullet version is $113.

7. cannelbrae

cannelbrae

May 5, 2019
    Broke down and purchased a Hapstone M2 and a few stones for it. I've been interested in a sharpening system for a while and it seemed like a good option to try.

8. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    It has arrived and couldn’t be happier
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. James Usher

James Usher

May 3, 2019
    [​IMG]

Nightmare Howler ... Damascus Steel Knife!! got it in $61.19 ... will share photos soon

10. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Picked up a Pena X series Lanny's Clip flipper from DLT Trading in S35VN and OD green micarta. This has been one I wanted for a long time, and I had $75 in shop credit and they were on Cyber Monday sale for $259.99 from the usual $299.99, so I caved.

[​IMG]

Also picked up a custom Kopis Knives Valiente. They were not on sale, they just had a random drop event for Cyber Monday where every hour they were posting some new custom work to the site, and I happened to be there a minute after this one posted.

[​IMG]

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  11. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    I know! I did some online research and have seen this same knife -- the 1991 "Patent Pending" model with laminated wood covers -- listed for $125 to $200, although I don't know if anyone actually pays that much. When you get into the fancy custom ones the prices are astronomical. I was very happy to get this one for $60. :D

Hickory n steel likes this.
  12. RealVendetta

Sep 30, 2019
    Replying to my own post. I just got tracking information on this... from Shenzen, China. Drop showed this in stock and stated I would have it in 3-10 days. Super deceptive from Drop imo. I know it was a good deal but that doesn't mean you can't inform the customer of the actual shipping situation. I'm a little irked atm. Buyer beware.

13. RealVendetta

Sep 30, 2019
    Flip side of my previous post I was looking for an edc pry bar type tool and found the Kizer Crocotool. Ordered one on the cheap for s35vn. Pretty excited to try out edcing a small fixed blade with extra options.

14. Chronovore

Chronovore Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 29, 2019
    I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them over the last year or so. My experiences with "in stock" items has been excellent. However, I did get burned on a "drop" this past Spring. They apparently oversold the item. So people like me who jumped on at the last minute got a cancellation notice instead of a shipping notice when the time finally came. :(

I ordered a CJRB Taiga from them on Black Friday. It said it wouldn't ship until the 7th but since they had the lowest price, I didn't care. I saw the 40% off Gent sale on Cyber Monday and decided to make it my yearly Christmas present to myself. I guess we'll see how it goes...

15. superpog

superpog Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 9, 2019
    Looks like mostly folding ones. I got my Hogue EX-F01 in desert tan delivered yesterday, as well as the pouch and a sharpener to put in.
    This also add one more to my knife steel collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ace Rimmer and 4mer_FMF like this.
  16. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    I received my ZT 0640 yesterday. It s my first ZT since the 0551 and the 0560 first came out (not a flipper fan).
    This knife is extremely well built. I can see how some people here are comparing it to their Sebenza. If it cost me $425, I wouldn't compare it to my Sebenza. But for $170, I have to say it s very close. I can see how some people would rather spend the $248 street price to get the 0640 than the $425 for the Sebenza.

4mer_FMF likes this.
  17. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    I just pulled the trigger on a TS129 & three TS16's. Curse you black Friday!

Edit: Two of the TS16's are OOS. :(:thumbsdown:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    sechip likes this.
  18. Mikarta

Mikarta

Oct 8, 2019
    Some of the Black Friday spoils finally arrived. Still waiting on one more knife.

Kizer John Gray GPB1
    Ontario Rat 2
    Flytanium brass scales for my Yojimbo 2(which I've already put a light patina on)

[​IMG]

19. Humb baby

Humb baby Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2017
    CEB48536-7CAE-4952-A56F-AE0A838AC3FC.jpeg I could not resist the sale on this knife.

4mer_FMF likes this.
  20. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Nice little quiver you’ve got there.