Your EDC approach...

I have a Wenger Traveler in my RFP every day. Useful and doesn't seem to offend anyone.

Also always have a treasure on my belt. The rotation includes 7 users: 3 vintage stockmen, 1 Case Jumbo Stockman, 2 GECs (#44 & #97), and the 2018 BladeForums Buck. Only select people get to see what's in the belt sheath.

I'd like to carry my Buck 112 Auto but I hate prison food.

Brian (in Canada)

I like to carry a knife in my left front pocket, usually on a clip or in a vinyl Velcro pouch. I like it to be a medium size folder, not heavy, a Manly Wasp. Once and awhile I like a good size folder, like my Manly Comrade or Peak or a Buck 110 Slim Pro. However, my favorite online of carry is a small fixed blade. Still working on the carry part, either kydex for the pocket, want to look at horizontal carry much like Dave Ferry's knives, aka Horsewright.

Last edited:
I carry all sorts of stuff. I hate being unprepared, even if for things like reading tiny print. I usually carry a knife, small multitool, firearm, pen, writing pad, small magnifying glass, lighter, at least one flashlight, and regular stuff like a watch, wallet, and phone.

I don't smoke and haven't since Camels went up over a buck a pack. I still carry a lighter because when I was a kid, the older men in my family taught me that part of being a man means being able to cut things, tell the time, and make fire.

I carry all sorts of stuff. I hate being unprepared, even if for things like reading tiny print. I usually carry a knife, small multitool, firearm, pen, writing pad, small magnifying glass, lighter, at least one flashlight, and regular stuff like a watch, wallet, and phone.

I don't smoke and haven't since Camels went up over a buck a pack. I still carry a lighter because when I was a kid, the older men in my family taught me that part of being a man means being able to cut things, tell the time, and make fire.
:) Yes ! Totally agree .

I always(unless legally disallowed ) carry a blade , flashlight , and a means to make fire . The cell phone etc is not primary for me . Old school self reliance ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My absolute edc is a folder sak light and Uzi brand pen plus wallet and keys. I add a kahr cm9 and spare mag anytime I'm out except if I have job on school grounds. I've tried to carry a spyderco enuff but the sheath limits me to much once I get a more concealable sheath I'll ditch the folder for it.

Work: Buck CSAR-T Pro or Gerber 06 Auto, Leatherman 300, Pelican flashlight
Around town: Large folder, SAK Cybertool, o-light
Around house: Basic SAK, light duty folder or neck knife, o-light

Between the gun, extra mag, George Castanza wallet, knife, and keys, I really need a purse.

harry-bliss-it-s-a-man-purse-but-i-have-a-gun-in-it--new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

Personally, I favor the Mountainsmith Day.

Lightweight, size, thin, strong, reliable. In order of preferred carry. Sage 2 S30V, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 CF S90V, Benchmade 710 M2.

It depends on what I have going on that day. If it's going into the office, it's usually a thinner, lighter knife like the WE Deacon, Massdrop Gent select, or Southern Grind Spider Monkey.

Running errands, general around the house it will be a larger folder. Friday was my Manix 2 sprint CTS-XHP, Saturday and Sunday the ZT 0095 S90BLK.

Today, thus far, the ZT again. Will probably switch this afternoon when my Maserin AM-4 arrives. It will be my largest folder.

I rarely carry a fixed blade unless I'm in the woods, camping, etc. It's been two years what with my illness.

So edc to me on a daily basis:
Modern folder
My edc/medicine bag with a Vic super tinker in it.

I usually carry this or that folder clipped in my right front pocket. However that is also where I carry my Samsung S9 and the knife has cracked two screen protectors so I have been just putting the knife in a back pocket. I don't like that setup but can't seem to get used to swapping pockets with the cellphone, lol. It just feels weird.

I usually carry this or that folder clipped in my right front pocket. However that is also where I carry my Samsung S9 and the knife has cracked two screen protectors so I have been just putting the knife in a back pocket. I don't like that setup but can't seem to get used to swapping pockets with the cellphone, lol. It just feels weird.

This is one of the major challenges of EDC. Things need to be separate enough to be safe. It depends on how much stuff and what kind of stuff we carry versus what kind of clothes we wear. Some items like smart phones are particularly prone to scratching or breaking. Other items like handguns have safety demands which require nothing else to be in the same pocket. It's a balancing act and there is an art to it.

Are cargo pants an option for you? Do you wear a shirt with pockets? Have you considered a pocket organizer?

I was taught always have a knife a good pen and a handkerchief. My Dad couldn’t wear watches. They’d stop working in a day. No physical damage just stopped working.

View attachment 1185918 My keychain stuff goes on gated caddies which let me move stuff around in a hurry and make up packages suited to the tasks of the day.

I like the caddy gadget. What I like even more is that you have at least six of them preloaded, in assorted colors, ready to go. This is a novel approach to EDC. The photo evokes both a sense of preparedness and a childlike sense of glee at the fun arrangement of colorful toys. Imagine me handing you a virtual trophy, or at least an iron cup full of Brunswick Stew.

38555C02-E05A-4B6B-ADDB-7CFD560C0A13.jpeg I need to make some Brunswick stew with chorizo. I have a lot of room on my mantle for virtual trophies.
One of my most used accessories is the foam earplugs in the pill fob. Most people use the fob for Nitroglycerin tablets. Sometimes turning off the hearing aids isn’t adequate. The cuticle nippers are also a favorite.

Hey, he's working. They don't call it Colorado Kool Aid for nothing.

At home, I carry whatever folder I fancy at that time, but more often than not, it's my Bugout.
At work, I carry a folder, a SAK Recruit and an Olight i3t (used it a couple times when the power went out and I had to pee, much easier to see when it's pitch black in the WC), On my keys I have a SAK SD Classic and another Olight - i1r.

I tried various smaller folder to pull "gents" duty, but still prefer one of my mini trappers or maybe a Grohmann mini Russell.
Im hungover and dont even want to talk about Colorado Koolaid.

Back