Your fault, ndoghouse!

Always wanted to know how to play a banjo. Kind of lost interest after the movie.
Roy Clark could sure play it.

I happen to be making a fretless one out of walnut at the moment. My family used to make them down in the hills and many people still do.

Heres my Fender Jazzbass handbuilt by me out of parts from an old lawsuit bass and some fender parts fron the auction site.
And my handbuilt double bass from the music shop that was in pieces when I got it. Solid hardrock flame maple body with a very old neck and fretboard. I don't play anymore because of my medical problems. My fretting hand is on the fritz. Not that I could play all that well anyways.

myrig.gif

Sooooooooie! Thats some nice Bass Karda! We could have used ya last weekend. We had two guitars a drummer but no bass! Im not wortha crap myself but have been trying to be a rockstar since i was sixteen or so. I still love to play but have really been trying harder lately to do it right. I have an old reissue Fender and a 64 princeton blackface.
2d2547396add975abab8297628d22c28

They sound better than I do but its fun. Dont let it go man! You will be doing it again. Love that stand up bass! Lets get it on Bookie! Time for a Khukri Khonvention!

Heres my Fender Jazzbass handbuilt by me out of parts from an old lawsuit bass and some fender parts fron the auction site.
And my handbuilt double bass from the music shop that was in pieces when I got it. Solid hardrock flame maple body with a very old neck and fretboard. I don't play anymore because of my medical problems. My fretting hand is on the fritz. Not that I could play all that well anyways.

myrig.gif

Here's a shot of my work in progress fretless banjo. Will use a piece of goat skin to cover the pot. Next step is to taper the holes for the 5 fiddle pegs and fit the pegs.
Banjo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice!..... Very Nice in fact. I've always loved the look of some nicely figured walnut.
Will love to see it again when you're finished.

Last edited:
Man I dont know how yall do it? I have a hard enough time WITH frets. Thats very cool looking Bookie. I too would love to see that done!

How we do it? That's an easy one to answer. If you can dream it, you can make it happen, IF you want it to happen. Just like buying a Khukuri, ya gotta WANT
one first........ They're actually easy to make and many families throughout the SE make and sell them from their front porches to the tourists. That's what a lot of people do with the straight back hickory chairs the banjo is setting on, too.

Yall get tourist down in corn patch much? Paddle faster I hear banjo's.

Man that was a great movie, now I have to watch it over the weekend, dang you both :D

Actually, I couldn't stand the movie. I had nightmares for months afterwards dreaming that they done something bad to a buncha pigs er something.....'course I was still married to my first wife then. Silly me. I mistook'em for her relations.........

Bawanna, You know, come to think of it. Once I was a pretty dern good pilot. In all my years flying, I never left one up there!!
624e.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
Also, seems like the older I get, the better I flew. Oh. This one had to be set down in a mine field. At least it was a controlled crash! Seems they don't fly too good after "termites" eat holes in the gas tanks, engine and transmission all at the same time. Some tough little critters, they be.

I can't think of a single good thing about landing in a mine field other than you apparently didn't land on top of one.

Is that the same one that they had to pick up the crew with another helicopter that apparently flew better than that one with the termites?

Might of been controlled but it looks like it was a little hard, kind of pushed in the bottom some huh?

This one was another one. Nice thing about Uncle Sam--he has so many young nephews he can't keep track of them, so he just up and gives them another one.
Wreck2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

looks like the best place to be is in the pilot's seat. The back seat passengers don't seem to have much headroom...left.

Bawanna, You know, come to think of it. Once I was a pretty dern good pilot. In all my years flying, I never left one up there!!
Still, you were playing the Russian Roulette like the others. Your gift undeniably added few chambers in your cylinder for better odds against a fatal alignment.

So many things that can go wrong where all the talent in the world will not save you. There are very talented pilots out there who didn't make it. May they rest in peace.

I for one am kind of glad this one did make it. He likes to harass me some but truth be told I enjoy it immensely.

Thanks again Bookie for attending the University of VN for us and for coming home to harass us and share stories.

And I agree, may those who didn't come home rest in peace.

Back