Your favorite bushcraft knife with 3 to 5 in. blade?

Fiddleback Forge Bushfinger and Kephart

P1050236_zpseca78f63.png

:thumbup: +1 It beats them all IMO

SpydercoBushcraft-P3171255_zps11187940.jpg

Lol! I've heard of these doing this all the time.. so not so great. However, I think the holes in the handle have since been relocatd in the newer models due to us guys battoning them to death.

In this blade Range Id have to say a Randall SGTs model and EDC by JK. Most of my favorites are in the 5.5-6" range.

randallsgt.jpg

Found a pic of the JK :d Mykel M made me a really nice kydex sheath for it with a fire steel holder and all, makes the knife great to carry in all weather conditions.

fatlighter.jpg

Last edited:
Machine26, I sure love to see a Randall being used, instead of being a safe queen. :D
I beat the snot out of my old Model 14
Randall14_zpsbe3ade3d.jpg

I have been using my bk15 almost exclusively in the bush.....
20130521_144321_zps0d663018.jpg

A few days ago I aquired this....
0623131939_zpseb553f47.jpg

0623131819_zps5117739b.jpg

Think I'm gonna use it for a while.

^^^ Nice. I've been loving the BK 15. :thumbup:

Thanks man. Its served me incredibly well, with almost nothing to be desired.
The bottom one is a new full custom, that I picked up from The 710 Custom Knife and Sheaths. Its a bushcrafter in 01 steel. Its been crazy tough so far.

Spyderco Bushcraft..

:thumbup: +1 It beats them all IMO

ditto! the spyderco bushcraft is my most used woods knife. i keep trying other knives but none seem to top it although a few have come close...and who would guess a $15 mora 120 is the closest one i've found so far in terms of overall comfort and performance :D

mora_120_shavings_trap_03_zpsd0179f56.jpg

SpydercoBushcraft-P3171255_zps11187940.jpg

Lol! I've heard of these doing this all the time.. so not so great. However, I think the holes in the handle have since been relocatd in the newer models due to us guys battoning them to death.

the image is no longer there but i'm guessing it's the spalted maple one that was snapped in half. you seem to keep repeating this "doing this all the time" - i've already corrected you on this thread, post #22: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1031052-Beat-the-Dead-Horse-Bushcraft-Knives/page2. please stop spreading rumors unless you have a more substantial evidence otherwise.

once again, i'll repeat: according to sal glesser, there's only one that broke (from the spalted maple first release) and that hole under the scales is now gone in the g10 version.

Hi LightGuy,

While the break shown was the only incident with the model, we did go ahead and remove the first hole from the tang.

sal

here's the thread which was actually posted just recently: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1022946-Spyderco-Bushcraft-Change-to-Skeletonized-Tang.

i have one of the more heavily used ones out there (i treat it like my knives from becker, esee, etc.) and it's still going strong 2+ yrs later.

It was desinged poorly, that's why it broke. It's now been redesigned, and it works.

Either way it's not important anymore as the knife has been changed, but I do recall alot of guys very clearly stating 'don't batton with the spydie bushcraft knife' - and it was because of those holes and blade breakage/s.

Back