Off Topic Your Favorite Handgun

What is your favorite handgun that you like enough to carry for the rest of your life:

• Colt 1911 and clones/variants

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • Browning Hi power and clones/variants

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • CZ75 and clones/variants

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Anything H&K

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Beretta 92F and clones/variants

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Sig Sauer other than 1911 line

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Glock

Votes: 36 27.1%
  • Smith Wesson Pistols other than 1911

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • All other, FNH, Walther Ruger

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I am a revolver guy

Votes: 18 13.5%

• Total voters

Cobalt

Gold Member
So was wondering what everyone in here has for a favorite "carry" handgun. I thought I would throw up a poll as well. Since all of you guys have good taste in knives, I figure it likely transcends into other areas like handguns. So what is the handgun that you would own and carry if you could, or maybe already do. It has to be the one you carry. I have plenty of guns that I own, but won't carry all of them. So for example my favorite is the 1911 of course. But, if I had to carry it 100% of the time, I would likely go with my ugly glock instead. So I am picking the glock.

Usually carry my S&W 640 centennial for ease of carry and concealing, but rotate in my Walther PPS M2 L/E which is an extremely ergonomic little gun.
My favorite, which I will own till I die is my Sig P226, thousands of rounds through it and still flawless, accurate and zero malfunctions, although I did need to freshen her up with some cerakote.. Just to big for edc.

I love all *almost* guns unconditionally and appreciate them all. I've shot a lot of stuff from hammer less 380's to Desert Eagle AE50, Pythons and Redhawks to a snub nose 44 - (I hated it because it was the most painful thing I ever pulled a trigger on) - 1911 is the most perfect thing ever made- but if I had to carry one it would be a Glock. Yet my Fav of all time is my pink elephant TC Contender because it's so fun to play with.

This is a tough one to only chose one ... not only because I like a few of the options ...

but because what I carry can depend on time of year/weather ... what I'll be doing ... and even where I'll be going as some places I want either a bigger caliber or more rounds ...

then there is that thing about I still love a good revolver ...

But if I were forced to decide what "one" I could carry and would trust my life and those around with ... I would have to go with one of my Sigs ... by a very slight margin over one of my HKs ...

And now I apologise to my 1911s and my revolvers ...

Usually carry my S&W 640 centennial for ease of carry and concealing, but rotate in my Walther PPS M2 L/E which is an extremely ergonomic little gun.
My favorite, which I will own till I die is my Sig P226, thousands of rounds through it and still flawless, accurate and zero malfunctions, although I did need to freshen her up with some cerakote.. Just to big for edc.
I bought my wife that PPS M2 Le but I still haven't given it to her yet because it feels so awesome in the hand! I was so tempted to shoot it the other day but then I'd have to buy another one because I couldn't give her a "used" gun. Lol.

The P365 is a great gun and I love the trigger, magazine capacity and sights but I have large (not frying pan @David Brown size :p:D) hands so the PPS fits my hands better. If Walther could get 10 rounds in that little sucker (longer barrel/sight raduis than the P365), it would hands down be my favorite as the trigger and sights are right up there with the P365.

I have a favorite for every different type of rimfire and center fire handgun (single action, double action, semi auto, etc.) but if I had to choose my absolute favorite, it would be this one.
2018-12-24 08.00.25.jpg
Not a good defense gun, and 99% of my handgun hunting is ground squirrels and cottontail rabbits with a rimfire (Browning Buck), but every time I pick it up I can't help but admire the beefy stoutness, yet precision tolerances of it's build. When I go into the woods where potentially unfriendly critters may lurk, it is my go to carry gun.

Last edited:
Glock 17 (Mrs. PABladeGuy)
Glock 23 (your truly)
Sig 226 (what an awesome piece)

Home defense.......
I have a Gen 5 G17 MOS and it makes me wish I could carry a purse or lived in a cooler climate so I could carry that thing. I have a Vortex Venom red dot on it and man, that thing is like cheating! I am not a great shot (working on it though) but I can stroke it with that G17!

I guess I should mention that if I could practically carry my STI Rangemaster 1911 in a capacity of 10+, that would hands down be my carry regardless of the season. I love me a good 1911.

I bought my wife that PPS M2 Le but I still haven't given it to her yet because it feels so awesome in the hand! I was so tempted to shoot it the other day but then I'd have to buy another one because I couldn't give her a "used" gun. Lol.

The P365 is a great gun and I love the trigger, magazine capacity and sights but I have large (not frying pan @David Brown size :p:D) hands so the PPS fits my hands better. If Walther could get 10 rounds in that little sucker (longer barrel/sight raduis than the P365), it would hands down be my favorite as the trigger and sights are right up there with the P365.
My Dad just recently bought the P365, he keeps telling me once I put some down range I will be at the shop buying one.. the PPS is great for shorts and a t-shirt and just an easy carry, if I every felt I would need more than the 8 +1 I would carry a spare mag. In the colder weather I tend to carry my Walther P99 AS in .40, another sidearm that feels built for my hand and not too heavy on the belt.

I have a Gen 5 G17 MOS and it makes me wish I could carry a purse or lived in a cooler climate so I could carry that thing. I have a Vortex Venom red dot on it and man, that thing is like cheating! I am not a great shot (working on it though) but I can stroke it with that G17!

I'm old fashioned, but am very intrigued by the red dot sights on the pistols.
I have a Crimson Trace green laser on the wifey G17..it provides a bit of intimidation factor being on the receiving end of the laser.

Back