Your favorite Movie Knife moment

What about 'Scaramouche' (sp). I think it had Stewart Granger in it, and apparently one of the longest sword fights ever filmed - ran about 12 to 15 min.

Also "The Adventures of Robin Hood", with the famous fight on the stairwell between Eroll Flynn and Basil Rathbone.

Andre

I agree with Jeff Clark on Butch Cassedy & the Sundance Kid "Knife Fight". I never forgot the kick and then the last line, "Somebody say 'One, Two, Three, Go." Just before the BG is laid out COLD.

But I guess Iam dating myself with this movie.

a couple scenes come to mind:

1) Raiders of the Lost Ark - it's a sword, but you gotta love the "oh good grief" look on Harrison Ford's face as he shoots the swordsman.

2) The Long Kiss Goodnight - bad guy flicks out automatic at Geena Davis, who raises eyebrow and says disdainlfully "only four inches?" BG responds "oh baby, you'll feel me." Chessy, creepy and funny.

3) Prizzi's Honor - Jack Nicholson flings boot knife into throat of his lover whatsername (Angelica Huston?) just as she tries to plug him with a .38.

Mine is being on the set of GI Jane after they bought a bunch of knives from us. Way Cool!

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Wow, I'm actually jealous of Mike's moment
frown.gif
, well, I'm happy for him, sniff, sniff
wink.gif

"Long Kiss Goodnight" Geena Davis has amnesia. While making dinner she realizes that she seems to have an amazing dexterity with knives and decides that she must have been a cook. Her husband and kids are all tossing her veggies to dice and the kitchen knife is going faster and faster. Suddenly she tosses a tomato into the air and throws the knife after it, pinning the tomato to the kitchen door. Everyone stops and gapes at her. She looks startled herself then replies:

"What? Cooks do that."

Mine was in Rambo 1 when Rambo was dispatching all the cops out in the woods. The part I like is when he hides in the sheriffs path and jumps him and puts his huge Lile First Blood knife against the sheriffs neck and says, "in town your the law, out here its me!"

My favorite knife scene is from Cliffhanger with Stallone where an old helicopter rescue pilot cuts down a shot up base jumper by flicking open his Endura(?) and slices the parachute harness in one swipe. Pretty good for an old guy.

Off subject but my favorite gun scene is in Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis. A BG (they're all Bad Guys in this movie) tells Bruce to leave and when Bruce says something to make the BG say 'you'll have to kill me first' Bruce says 'OK, but it will hurt' he then pulls out two .45 autos and pumps him full of lead sending him flying 15-20 feet backwards. Glorified, urealistic, gratuitous, violence but I love that scene.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

How about Jeff Imada doin' his thing with the bali-song in Payback. I was kindda disappointed in Lethal Weapon 4 when Jeff was standin' around while some other guy used the bali. I guess I'm just biased, since I didn't get into Bali-songs till my instructor introduced me to Jeff's Advanced Bali-Song Manual.

------------------
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it
holds the universe together." - Carl Zwanzig

Back