your favorite small knives

I'm just curious as to what kind of small folder everyone carries with them. You know, the one that you find is always being pulled out of the pocket to cut something. I find my favorite is a Schrade SP3. It's small, comfortable in the hand, has a relatively harmless appearance, takes a scalpel sharp edge, and is a great value for the money. Anyone else want to share their favorites?

C. Mapp

------------------
"A sharp mind is just as important as a sharp knife."

Victorinox Executive. For me this is a about the perfect small knife.

Microtech UDT. It is rarely out of my pocket. sub 3" blade, very light, strong, MT quality, and an auto to boot. Oh, and at around $100 they're the best deal out there in that price range.

Uh, I thought I just posted a very similar topic. (not exactly the same though) anyway, whatever.
+-----My favorites include: Jot sing Kalsa-Spyderco (not that small, but 2 1/2" blade) MOD Ladyhawk, and SOG mini Jetedge.

------------------
"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what's right" -Hari Seldon, Foundation, -Aasimov

Hey Pergatory

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to post the same topic. I'll try to pay better attention from now on. Sorry for any confusion folks. Hope everyone has a good one tomorrow.

C. Mapp

------------------
"A sharp mind is just as important as a sharp knife."

"May your locks stay tight and your blades remain sharp"

I aleays have my Spyderco mini-Dyad. This is a great knife. Two blades with a lock on each one. Hard to beat!

------------------
Art Sigmon
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Php. 4:13

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"
Heb. 4:12

My Cold Steel Medium (3 inch blade) plain-edge Clip-Point Voyager is my favorite small folder. (In fact, I like 'em so much, that I have 2 of 'em!.
smile.gif
.).

My "other" favorite small "knife" is my Leatherman Micra. That one is carried in my key wallet.

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

I normally use a CRKT K.I.S.S. 1/2 serrated for these kind of everyday purposes. Oddly, few people seem to recognize that this is a knife, even when they're looking right at it on my belt. I also like that it can be easily opened and closed with one hand. It's super tough. Since it has no frame, it's easy to keep clean.It lays fairly flat, doesn't take up a lot of room, and doesn't weigh a lot. It's small enough that few people freak out when I open it. The clip is great. The lower "point" of this tanto-style blade is great for opening boxes, packaging, and cutting paper. And it was cheap enough ($25) that I don't feel the need to treat it gingerly. Unfortunately, it's locking ability is nearly worthless, and the thumbstud is unnecessary and sticks out annoyingly.

Spyderco Mouse

Spyderco Navigator

------------------
Thank you,
Marion David Poff aka Eye mdpoff@hotmail.com

My website, guided links, talonite/cobalt alloy info, etc....
http://www.geocities.com/mdpoff

>>--->Bill Siegle Custom Knives<---<<
-http://www.geocities.com/siegleknives-

"To wait for luck is the same as waiting for death." -Japanese Proverb

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

"We will either find a way, or make one." Hannibal, 210 B.C.

spydie Calypso Jr., or Spydie Goddard Jr., both in micarta. Classy, useful and non-threatening.

------------------
[previously incarnated as fishface, since 10/98]

the beatings will continue until morale improves

Right now, my Spydie Calypso Jr. and Spydie Jess Horn Ltwt., but I have my eyes on a BM 770. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this little guy.

my favorite small knives include: CRKT M16-00 tanto w/carbon fiber grips, my wifes EDC, and she loves it - a darned good little knife, good lock up, good edge holding capability, and she uses it hard - carry a spyderco delica sometimes for utility, and also gerber LST great for the $$

CRKT Mirage GG and Urban Shark.

------------------
"Praise not the day until evening has come;a sword until it is tried; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk" - Viking proverb

Either a Victorinox Ranger, or lately, a Case Stockman with CV blades.

Explorer Stubby (marked on blade) with aluminum handles. I am embarrased to say that I don't know who it was manufactured by.
frown.gif

Back