Your favorite SwampRat and why

begreen61

Gold Member
I just got in to SwampRats,a few knives ago,at this point in time I love my Waki,got another on the way,but I only have 2 SwampRats to date ,Just order a chopweiller,,,The reason I like the waki so much ,,in a hand to hand combat it be a plus to have and the handle is comfee in my hand.I have about 7 Busse been drifting in to that Swamp,Swamp ,Swamprat desires.
So fill me in whats your favorite and why so I can bug out and want another swampRat,,Been gearing toward a Mini Mofo ,like that hook,makes a good wire cutter.........
Whats your thoughts??????????????????Pictures welcome!!!PLEASE:thumbup:

Camp Tramp all the way. The do it all knife...

IMG_1835.jpg

With out a doubt that would have to be my Gen 2 Howling Rat, I got that knife In fall of 2005 and and it is still kickin. One of the best things about the knife is the Res-C grip and the way that little knife always fits on the belt or slides in a pack with out much weight or bulk but can take on the nastiest jobs.

P8060310.jpg

And here it is with its newer cousin the Scrapyard Scrapper 5.
P7100452.jpg

RATMANDU!!!!! But I really want a Swamp Rat Desert Jack & a Chopweiler or Ratweiler!

Way too easy, the WAKI. It is not often that I can purchase a sword made to my specifications as to color and handle materials and have it be completely able to handle any beating I can give it. I really like the design, and as I am more fond of wakizashi size blades it is a dream come true.

Just got my first 2 this Friday the 13th, a Howlin' Rat which I haven't let go of yet and a Chopweiler which hasn't been used yet.

So with that the Howlin' Rat is my current favorite. :)

Another vote for the M9LE. It has the ideal geometry and easy to maintain razor edge to make it a superb cutter and chopper, all the while remaining light and agile in the hand. Once a nice patina sets in, rust is barely a concern.

The Chopweiler is my favorite user followed closely by my Vex.
My favorite to look at is the EH3 Mini Uncle Mojo.

ETA: my Waki should be here shortly and I may have to revise my statement!

It has to be the Waki, no it's the Vex, no it's the Ratweiler.

Well actually it's all of these. Exceptional blades in all the right sizes.

Either my Mini Mojo or Waki. Tough choice but the lines of either are awesome.

Rat Mastiff, because its taken everything I throw at it and still wanting more.

Back