1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your favorite SwampRat and why

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by begreen61, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Greg45

Greg45

Sep 19, 2004
    Some of us Rat lovers have a hard time picking just one. :D

If I had all my rats taken away except one, I think I'd have to keep my original-run Ratweiler. I have (and have had) many favorites through the years, mostly old-school blades. These include my Battle Rat, the already mentioned Ratweiler, Rat Mastiff, the SAR Rat, Desert Jack, Dog Skinner, Howling Fat, Rat Trap and HRLM.

Here's a few pics, the first to show relative size of some Rats, then some just for fun. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MustardMan

MustardMan

Mar 14, 2009
    I've got a bushwacker on the way, which will probably replace my M9LE for the light and fast big bowie, so I've gotta say the Vex is at the top of the list right now. Most useful blade shape on a small knife I've ever seen from the Busse family companies.

3. MVF

MVF Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2005
    EDC? Bandicoot

Out in the woods? Camp Tramp

Zombies attacking? Waki

Sorry- can't have just one!

4. Kaizen1

Kaizen1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I don't have much use for a fixed blade here in the SF Bay Area. My fixed blade can be as impractical for EDC as I want it to be. So my favorite SR blade is the Rodent Waki.

5. sodak

sodak

Mar 26, 2004
    Bandicoot, followed closely by Gen 2 Howling Rat. Love them both.

6. D-Ranger

D-Ranger

Oct 26, 2008
    Somehow, the SRKW canvas micarta handles always seemed to be more comfortable to my mitts than either the SRKW G10 or Busse handles (don't have any Res-C handled knives...yet, i'm sure!!). The fav? Mini Uncle Mojo. With Ratweiler as a very close second, really not with that much of a margin. Waki's are in a class of their own, but as said: the canvas micarta handled one feels better. Looking forward to compare both of them to an AK that'll materialize in the not so far away future.

Thanks,

D-R

7. iamtoast

iamtoast

Jun 18, 2008
    I think if I could find a rat daddy or rat mastiff I might change that/those to the front of my line. But as things stand the Waki is it.

8. Pygmalion

Pygmalion

Oct 7, 2007
    I love me some rats!
    Rat #1 I'm in love with
    [​IMG]

Rat #2 I'm in love with
    [​IMG]

Rat #3 I'm in love with
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And who can forget...
    [​IMG]

or this...
    [​IMG]

9. gottahaveit27

gottahaveit27 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2008
    My favorites are the only two I have: Waki and M9 CG. I must say though, that I am in love and I can't wait for more. :thumbup:

10. daybreaker

daybreaker

Jul 2, 2009
    The next one?

11. silkworm

silkworm Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Waki, then Bandicoot.

12. Martin Swinkels

Martin Swinkels Banned BANNED

Mar 6, 2005
    I love all my Rats, but if I'd had to keep only one it would be my old school Ratweiler..

1 Ratweiler
    2 M9 LE
    3 Waki
    4 Ratmandu
    5 Bandicoot
    6 Howler LM
    7 Rat Trap

My GrailRat is the Desert Jack .. Still haven't found one..

edit:
    To obvious to mention.. Hairy Carry!
    My workshop knife. Cuts cord, cardboard, wood, rubber, shaves leather, trims kydex.. Shared no.1 with Weiler..

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  13. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    easy- Rat Daddy.

14. sleevefullofaces

sleevefullofaces

May 29, 2009
    I'd sure like to get my hands on one of those.

15. Bumppo

Bumppo

Jan 27, 2006
    Satin Battle Rat,
    Desert Jack.

16. CallsThunder

CallsThunder

May 10, 2004
    Chopweiler.....all around camp knife for me.

17. Coupchoux

Coupchoux

Aug 31, 2004
    Chopweiler : a perfect mid size chopper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  18. begreen61

begreen61 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Just received a chopweiler and a scrapyard hook,anyways love the chop chop as i call it,it felt great in the hand, couldnt belive it for being a flat looking handle,Its now my favorite SwampRat in my meger collection.

As for the Scrap Yard its my first,and I have to say its a hell of a knife ,Harvested 3 deer for 3 friends,one deer took 2 sharping to the blade ,,very impressed,,used the new mofo hook to do the job it worked great,cuts bone like butter,the way the blade is designed,its a true slicer,Loved it so much bought a Mojo ,a fool and his money,Anyways I'll do the show in tell when that baby comes in..