Your Fiddleback Highlander

Say is the end of the world, fire, brimstone, zombies, dinosaurs, zombie dinosaurs or you just fall on bad luck and have to sell your collection.

Of the FBs you have, what is the one and only one you're keeping and why?

For me, I'm pretty sure (I'll probably change my mind later) it would be the Hiking Buddy in 1/8th convex O1. I feel in almost any situation it's small enough to not weigh me down and also easily conealable.

The HB performs almost all bushcraft requirements well, just won't chop anything. I feel the size of the blades would be good to handle most game processing (I'll have to research that one further. When I broke down my collection this one stood out with its small size pushing it ahead of others. It surprised myself.

Tough one, but for me it would be this one.

I have several of the smaller knives, but this one was selected by my mother as we were sitting together during one if her chemo treatments.

We lost her in Dec13 to colon cancer and we enjoyed sitting together and looking at the Friday threads together

Tough one, but for me it would be this one.

I have several of the smaller knives, but this one was selected by my mother as we were sitting together during one if her chemo treatments.

We lost her in Dec13 to colon cancer and we enjoyed sitting together and looking at the Friday threads together
BF is a good one. I have one just like that minus the curly q, that ironically my moms picked out for me as well. Mom's love the maple :)

Based on your scenario ..

12" Machete.

Yup. My mom earned the silver beaver given her work with BSA and enjoyed camping so a good hearty blade is appreciated.

She preferred the wood scales over the synthetics and we used the FF threads as a way to pass the time at the infusion center.

Chemo is hell - and I was glad the FF threads provided a distraction.

My 12"machete for the zombies
Not sure about for the other scenarios

12" machete for the apocalypse; monster hunter for zombie dinosaurs (search it ;)).

IMG_20150208_160827433_HDR_zpsd1d605af.jpg

Last edited:
I liked the name Monster Hunter as well! This thought of getting rid of Fiddleback pains me... I have to go get some Advil and a bourbon now!

And then buy a 16" so you can really reach out :thumbup: it's like a sword anyways

Say is the end of the world, fire, brimstone, zombies, dinosaurs, zombie dinosaurs or you just fall on bad luck and have to sell your collection.

Of the FBs you have, what is the one and only one you're keeping and why?

Not as easy as I first thought. On one hand Woodsman. It's the most versatile one I have, on the other hand...I'm thinking Monarch, as it is the most versatile of the more discrete ones I have... Sooo...I'm still thinking, but it would be one of these two :D

How often do those machetes become available? I know that only the shop really knows but anyone have a feel for it?

With that derail out of the way, my EDC2 would be my one keeper, cause it's the only one I have (currently)...I might get to change my selection in a couple of weeks though!

They've been coming up more often as of late. Thereve been a few machete Monday posts, so check periodically on Mondays.

Back