Your first GEC

I know that I remember my first. Post a picture of the first GEC knife that you have owned.
I hope this thread is picture heavy.
Mine is a 99 Wall Street in Antique Green Jigged Bone.

Y3w1fwQ.jpg

I'm going to have to retake photos due to a computer glitch, but my first GEC was a pair. The 83 Tascosa in stag and a yellow rose.

My first GEC was a Northwoods Willamette Whittler in E. Ivory. I showed my son on his first weekend home from college; and told him, "I'm holding on to it for you, son." He then promptly made guacamole with it, so I brushed its teeth, and put it up. It will never get another patina, but it will be used from time to time. For me, I have a reminder of that specific time with my son. I totted it a few more times and then the Ivory Ban happened. Now it sits "safely." Yes that is a pun. ;^)

I didn't realize at the time how much sentiment would come from that knife, but I have no distortion as to what it does mean to me today.

Technically my first was a GEC-made Cripple Creek (long gone), but my first actual GEC was my stainless #47 Viper, S/N 34. I'm carrying a modern folder these days, but I still can't bring myself to sell this one.

g7hISXQ.jpg

This was the first GEC knife I owned. I really wanted a TC, and this was the easiest one to find at the time. Turns out I didn't like that particular blade shape as much as I'd convinced myself I might, and I ended up selling that knife. (It was some time before I was able to acquire a TC with blades more suited to my preference, but I do have a couple now.)

3qicLnh.jpg

Just for fun, here's an early group shot; the humble beginnings of my GEC collection.

aTDBWcY.jpg

Back