your first neck knife

So what was your first neck knife and did it make you buy another one? why, why not?

My first one was a Myerco Buddy system made by blackie collins, very small but handy, unfortunitally it was too small for me, so I bought a stiff kiss. And now I'm starting to get better and better ones.

My first neck knife was a stiff kiss and I was so disgusted, I'm just gonna start making my own
smile.gif

------------------
KSwinamer

My first neck knife was a REKAT Utility, and it did make me buy another one a Livesay Ti Tiger

My first neck knife was the Stiff Kiss. . . because I could afford it. Something didn't feel quite right about it, so I got a REKAT utility, and I'm still very happy with it!
smile.gif

My first neck knife was the Stiff Kiss.

All my other knives have neck carry potential.
The Spyderco Moran and the Busse Police Recruit and Mean Street.

My first neck knife was a Kurt Meerdink three finger neck knife. I have been hooked ever since.

------------------
"ALWAYS WATCH YOUR SIX"

For my first neck knife, I took my favorite sleeve knife and hung it upside down around my neck. Its a mean little dagger of 440C about 5 inches long with a needle point and very flat.

------------------
Jake Evans.. Member of the HORDE

I'm still waiting on delivery of my first neck knife.

It's a Polkowski Gaunt and it's due in August of next year. I'll let you all know how I like it then.

Axel

My first neck knife and the only one I have used for months is a BM AFCK large.

Yes, you heard right the first time!

I carry a BM 800BT in a sheath from Mike Sastre(sp?). I had the good fortune to meet him at the Atlanta Blade show last year and picked up the sheath then. When I bent the clip on my knife one day, I broke out the sheath. The knife has only been carried this way since and still has the bent pocket clip.

Stay Sharp,
Sid

I want to try Ricky Fowler's neck knife design with antique yellow micarta scales.He said he sent a new brousure to me but it didn't arrive. I would have ordered it then. I was willing to receive it without trying the feel. I would be willing to design one from the ground up after if need be. How come so many were willing to try stiff kiss? I hate those stripped down to maufacturer's budget knives that only a factory could put out. Anyway I like the concept in light of the fact I got so fat the last two years that my pockets aren't conveienent anymore.(either are belt sheaths).

My first one was the REKAT Hobbit Fang. The next one was by Ed Halligan, he called it the American Express (No, not the stiff kiss) I now have about seven in the collection.

[This message has been edited by CAL (edited 21 December 1999).]

I believe my first one was an unamed sterile (please don't start some new hate thread over this) Mad Dog. I also had a very cool little Watanabe neck knife we called the pocket rocket. I've been carrying this way since the early nineties, and have a large collection of them.

------------------
He who advances is sure of heaven-He who retreats of eternal damnation.

My first neck knife actually wasn't intended to be one. A Nealy Pesh Kabz with his excellent multiple option carry system. The neck knife carry option was so agreeable that it got me started on other neck knives.

The first was a REKAT Utility Fang. The last will probably be my Griffith Sniper.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

my first are of my own design. i wear 2 underneath my duty shirt. a 6" cord wrapped tanto in blued A2 under my left arm and a 6.75" cord wrapped G10 blade under my right. a velcro button on my shirt allows easy access. don't even know they're there with a vest on. luv 'um both, although the A2 blade is the only one to see action.

------------------
www.geocities.com/chrishatin/hatintec.html

My first was a CRKT Neck Peck (plain). I bought it because I am a nut for Wharncliffe blade. Is it custom quality? No. Is it an awesome value for =< $20? You bet!. I even then bought the Bear Claw (plain).

Will I buy another? You bet. It'll HAVE to be a Wharncliffe, and it'll have to be small and light. But maybe ATS-34, or even CPM440V. Oh yea, baby!

Small and light. And NO chisel grind. But I like the idea. No one ever thinks to look there for a blade!

------------------
Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

John 14:6

Here is my first - a Livesay NRGS. It has become one of my favorite knives.

nrgs.jpg

I always want more knives and wearing them around the collar is working out great.

David Joyal

I hate to dissapoint, but, I really did not like my first neck knife(LaGriffe) I work in construction, so I am always bending over and moving around. The thing drove me nuts! I think it would do better for me if I did not wear Carhartts all the time, and could not carry a BIG folder comfortably. Carpenter side pockets are great!

------------------
Take care of the tools that take care of you

Back