Your FIRST Spyderco

ss police, serated, bought mid 90.

restored by spyderco and retired just a few months back.

------------------
'Till next time,
Rich the kite guy

Mine was a 50/50 Delica. I bought it at a gun show for $35.00.I loved it, still have it, have about 6 other Spyderco knives, and now it's ME selling them at shows. Ain't life funny?

An Endura and a Ladybug at a gun show in '91.
I've still got great affection for them both, even if the "Bug" was used and sharpened into extinction and the Endura is now on the shelf...Replaced by a less intimidating carbon fiber Dragonfly purchased through BladeForums.

Plain-edge G-2 Endura bought at a swap meet in California in 1988, my second knife purchase as an "adult". The first was a pre-Fiskars Gerber FSIID. Both are still with me and both are still very sharp.

Sometimes it seems that everyone that is into knives has atleast one Endura (and that's a good thing). This was my first Spyderco too. Picked one up right after I got out of high school in '90. Now I own many more knives but the Endura is still one of my favorites. I have put that knife through the works and it is still functioning. This knife has also gotten many other people to pick up Spyderco's over the years. Thanks for producing good quality knives in a price range that virtually everyone can afford.

My first one was a SS Mariner, followed shortly there after by the SS Police(plain edge of course).
Lastly and currently the Military, first the old style and then the new(I miss that old style finger choil, *sigh*)

------------------
"Worst of all my foes, I fear the enemy within"
*John Wesley*

Romans 10:9-10

"Military" Fans Unite!!

My first two were a Delica & Ladybug, both OD Green, that I received as a gift. Thanks to Sal rooting around, I recently added an OD Green Endura to complete the set.

------------------
Cheers,

--+Brian+--

Mine was an all black coated, limited run, police model. Full serrated, with the magnum research logo on the side of the handle. Still have it in great shape, but I really never carry it. Probably one of the meanest looking folders I have, especially in all black. It's not really my style any more, but it's still a nice knife.

Joe

My first Spyderco was my '98 Delica, and I still love it! Would buy another without hesitation. Spyderco sure has my support.

------------------
Johnny
[]xxxxxx[]=============>

My first Spyderco was the Goddard Lightweight - P/S
smile.gif
I figured that this knife would be fine - WRONG. It just opened my eyes to the OTHER nice knives Spyderco made! It definitely wasn't my LAST. Gotta have the 'hole'.

Ray 'md2020'

A SS serrated standard, bought back in 90, had a clip, but was not attached with screws, but an integral part of the rear scale, punched out and formed. Sent it back for service, the lock had started failing, due to lint build up. Sent back a totally new knife.

First of many, many, many, many...

------------------
"Women bring life into the world
and much death, for they sway the
destinies of men." -Anneas

My first was a Standard model with the integral clip pressed out of one of the scales (not screwed on like current models).

Full serrated. Still have it. Think I got it about 8 yrs ago.

Had a Sharpmaker before that, though.

A Mini Dyad. It is my first real knife. I have been deprived for soooo long. No more $20 knives for me!
smile.gif

Rescue, still my favorite in the line.

------------------
James
San Francisco, CA

Just got my first Spyderco a few weeks ago, a partially serrated Wegner Jr. It is such a nice knife! I can't seems to leave it alone. I drive my wife crazy fiddling with it. I haven't used it for anything except opening mail, but it's just so cool to have in my pocket. I'm just a little torn about whether I should have gotten the plain edge. I even thought about trying to trade it for one here on the Knife Exchange. I think the next knife I buy will also be a Spyderco, but plain edge this time. I'd love to have a Military model with an Axis lock, if they ever decide to produce such a thing.

A stainless spyderedge Standard model, somewhere around sixteen or seventeen years ago. Still carry it some, especially when I know the day may call for some serious knife abuse!. Its pretty worn down, but will still saw through stuff. Somewhere around the same time, I got a stainless spyderedge Mariner to carry while working around rodeos', in case someone or some critter got hung up in a rope.

2 Civilians,an aluminum and a G10 bought about 6 months ago.
Next up on the list are
Shabaria
Starmate
Military

Ray

A Zytel-handled serrated Dragonfly as a 1994 Christmas present to myself. BTW, I have purchased two Dragonflys since then; one a SS plain-edge and the other a CF serrated. My original Dragonfly is hollow ground with a slighly narrower blade profile. The hump above the hole is rounded more as well. Anybody out there know when this change was made? I kinda like the old one better (maybe 'cause it was my first???).

Back