Your first Swamp Rat

Howling Rat, probably my favorite of all my fixed blades. It has a great feel and just keeps performing! Of course I stll have it, it's not going anywhere!

I'll second the Howling Rat, It was my first and still is the best hunting skinning, carry all day at work, work horse of a knife I've ever owned.
If I thought it would ever wear out I would get another... :thumbup:

My first was a Camp Tramp. Fantastic blade and I beat the snot out of it! I sold it when I found my tan handled Ratweiler -- I just couldn't pass that one up. ;)

:D -360

Howler, and it is always in my truck survival kit. It was followed by a FAT Howler, which will be my EDC when it's pants get here.

I ordered a Battle Rat and a Howler at the same time. The BR got here first by a month or two, so it was first on a technicality! :D

All the knives looked like winners at the time, but for a pair that couldn't be beat in the woods, these two seemed like the logical choices. I've gotten more Rats since, but these two are still winners!

Greg

I have Tim Taylor syndrome. I own (2) 300 Remington ultra mags, used to own a BK 9 so naturally my first rat was a:
RATDADDY
Why? Because its the king of all rats.
I feel a big chopper is the most important tool you can have if a hike/pack trip goes wrong.

Bog Dog. You cannot go wrong with that one. Yes, I still have it.

Looking for another, as a matter of fact. ;)

Mine is the Satin Rat . . . still have it, still use it and still love it. :D

Ordered a RW first but the Desert Jacks went on sale while I was waiting so the DJ is the one.

LOVE it. really do.

Still have it???? only untill someone prys my cold dead fingers from it...

:D

I ordered a Bog Dog once, but had to cancel due to sudden shortage of cash ...
I still kick myself for that one. I shoulda just gotten the knife. What are credit cards for anyway?

But then I got the Ratweiler and all was well.
For EDC I have the Trap. Takes care of all I need a knife for on a day to day basis.

G

Back