1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your first Swamp Rat

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by jsonnier, Sep 17, 2005.

1. viking313

viking313

Apr 8, 2002
    Howling Rat!!! One of the first Rats produced...I stripped it....and I still use it.....and I still love it!!!!!! :D :D :D

2. Ad Astra

Ad Astra

Jul 30, 2004
    Bandicoot. Waited 2 months for that sucker. It was worth it.

[​IMG]

Ad Astra

3. thatmguy

thatmguy

Mar 26, 2000
    One of the early Rat Shakers. Can't remember if 3/16" or 1/4".....

Thanks Drew!!!

My last one was a tan handled Ratweiler.....

4. djolney

djolney

Oct 5, 2004
    My first Swamp Rat was a Ratweiler, and I ordered it (and received it) within the first couple of weeks that the knife was available.

I chose the Ratweiler because I loved the look of the handle, and because of Swamp RatÂ’s reputation for making very tough blades.

I still own it, and have no intention of ever parting with it.

5. PC356

PC356

Jun 10, 2005
    Got a Battle Rat off of Ebay for my first. Paid way too much, when it comes to blades I am impatient. After I handled it probably would've paid even more. My Howler should show up anyday as my cc has been charged. I am now on the look out for a Ratweiler on the forums for sale (hint hint). :D