Your Gear

Murphnuge

We here at T.M. Hunt Customs love to get outside when we can. We all enjoy a wide variety of things; hunting, fishing, kayaking, drinking, hiking, camping, drinking, etc...

Now, a lot of gear isn't necessary, but like most knife guys, we love gear. Let's see what you've got. Whatever gets you enjoying the outdoors. You don't necessarily need to be a T.M. Hunt Custom knife owner. Of course being a knife forum, throwing some blade pix in wouldn't be uncouth.

I'll start with my Jeep, yak and Yeti.

Last edited:
I'll play! Maybe Guyon will come by and give us some good stove suggestions! :D

Last edited:
I got some stuff I like to take with me when I get outside time. Here's what gets me there, with my kayaks
2013-02-09175959_zps0dd71b86.jpg

Here's my personal Tradewater that goes with me just about everytime I'm out and about.
2013-04-28122825_zpse463540c.jpg

I usually always have a M-18 stashed somewhere. Here's a old one.
2013-02-09151441_zpsd0e440d3.jpg

Last edited:
My AR

My Hawk

My 9er

I have no other toys, except a mountain bike, but if you've seen one mountain bike, you've seen them all. Insert mental image here

Murph I hate you ..lol I admit I am green with Envy right now sir.
Thats one of my Grail guns.

Last edited:
I'll play, even though most of my gear is not that cool (well at least to other people...:D). I would have to say that my Yuma is probably my coolest piece of gear because its the only custom thing I own.

Here is a gun I got from my late Grandfather-in-law and all I have left of my fixed blade collection (my folder collection is even smaller lol) not pictured is my BK2 and survive knives necker. Gun is some Italian break barrell 20ga.-Blades left to right---Camillus BK91, Hunt Yuma, ESEE 3, BK14, ESEE Candiru

20140116_023059_zpsr34klee3.jpg

And as for a few odd things that really have nothing to do with getting me outdoors.....Here is a bacon koozy and a fossilized piece of dinosaur poop:D (I suppose they are outdoors related in the sense that the koozy holds "outdoor" beverages and the dino poop was found outside:D )

IMG_20130530_183000_978_zps6fd46202.jpg

In keeping with the theme...

8808735307_aea58b4e84_c.jpg

And here's a picture of a fine piece of kit

8753883863_0838a315f9_c.jpg

Your Subaru, is that a Outback? How do you like it? I think the next vehicle we get will be some kind of car instead of a SUV. Im really leaning towards wagon type vehicles. How much room is in the interior?

I have been looking at those too. Trade said it got through areas that his previous 4 wheel drive would get stuck in, last time I heard.
I am really liking the way they designed the newer ones like his.

I'll play! Maybe Guyon will come by and give us some good stove suggestions! :D

I can do kayaks on vehicle too.

Essence3.jpg

And since we're on kayaks...

This Wilderness Pamlico is rigged it with a Harmony Dashboard, a RAM rod holder, anchor troller, rear rod holders, and paddle keepers.

RiggedPamlico3.jpg

This Ocean Kayak is gear heavy. Lots of homemade mods and add-ons.

RiggedYak2.jpg

Stoves you say? This little one has quickly become a favorite.

E290277C-F7AF-4D60-8BDB-6548AE122AA3_zpspme4dwfu.jpg

I do like Hunt knives.

P1060771_zps418f30f0.jpg

I own a couple of packs too, and I've really been enjoying this one.

078D6641-8EAC-4C67-A2B2-877430B7CAC3_zpsexngpabw.jpg

Yes, it's the upgraded version that will run on garbage.

This is our rig...and yes, we have barely enough water here to have fun on the boat :D

IMG_2331.jpg

Since Guyon is so motivated about his Camelbak, I will share some of my Camelbaks. Camelbak makes great stuff. Rugged and well built, they outperform (IMO) most of the other high-end gear manufacturer's stuff. And, too be frank, a Camelbak won't scare the crap out of the hippies in public places.

A Camelbak "Mule" I use A LOT, in town as well as out in the wilderness.

A Camelbak "Something or other" that I picked up right before I deployed in 2009. I used it all over Afghanistan and it is still in great shape. I carry it now whenever we go camping. It is massive and can hold just about anything you can think of. Love this thing!

OK, so I love Camelbak but I will concede that 5.11 makes good stuff too, but sometimes the 5.11 stuff makes me shy away from it. However, my wife got me this 5.11 "Messenger Bag" that I use when I'm going to work. It carries my laptop as well as important papers and even my lunch. It's fast becoming my favorite city pack.

Last edited:
I have a Becker patrol pack that Murph convinced me to buy. Glad I did. I think its a pretty old one, but its made well, should last me a long time. I still don't have it all filled and arranged like I want. I can't get over all the different compartments and pockets in it.

2013-12-06165832_zpse1114eb3.jpg

Back