Your knife at the restaurant...

Does it really matter what someones opinion is on whether or not its polite to use your knife at a restaurant?

Nope.:)

I don't tell them how to be ugly, so they cannot tell me how to eat my food.;)

I just don't understand the urge to tell others what they can or should do. Having an opinion is cool, but expecting others to conform to it is not.

If I ever saw somebody pull out a folder at a restaurant I would laugh in their face....... untill one day i was at outback and I had the dullest steak knife in the world start to mangal my 25 dollar steak.I tried another with same results. I thought this ceramic plate is gonna mess up my edge, people might look but I can't take this anymore. I pulled out my manix xhp and it went threw this steak like it was room temperature butter.I saw a couple of guys looking over from bar saying stuff to each other untill I cut another piece and they were like holy...

I don't use my EDC at the restaurant due to the fact that I cut a lot of questionable stuff with my knives and would be afraid of cross contamination.

If I ever saw somebody pull out a folder at a restaurant I would laugh in their face....... untill one day i was at outback and I had the dullest steak knife in the world start to mangal my 25 dollar steak.I tried another with same results. I thought this ceramic plate is gonna mess up my edge, people might look but I can't take this anymore. I pulled out my manix xhp and it went threw this steak like it was room temperature butter.I saw a couple of guys looking over from bar saying stuff to each other untill I cut another piece and they were like holy...

it's funny you mention outback. i was eating dinner with a bunch of family members and when i tried to cut the bread, the knife they supplied was just smashing the crap out of it. i didn't feel like eating crushed dough balls, so i pulled out my EDC and cut all the bread into nice slices for everyone.

some people set limits as to when and where they will use their knife, i don't. if i need to cut something or if the knife in my pocket will make my life more convenient, i use it.

No, they did not provide it. I clearly stated as much several times.

Nice how you need a sharp custom knife over a cheap dull one to cut food, but think a sharp knife should not be used to cut food when a cheap dull one is available on request.

Knives were available, you just had to ask. Pretty simple logic there.

Yes, I chose to use quality knives when I spend 4-5 hours a day with one in my hand. Much like a mechanic will use Snap-on or something similar when working on cars for a living. Much like a hair dresser will spend hundreds or even thousands on a pair of scissors. There is a BIG difference between using a knife for hours at a time and slicing a steak that is already cooked. Nice try tho, cupcake.

Knives were available, you just had to ask. Pretty simple logic there.

Yes, I chose to use quality knives when I spend 4-5 hours a day with one in my hand. Much like a mechanic will use Snap-on or something similar when working on cars for a living. Much like a hair dresser will spend hundreds or even thousands on a pair of scissors. There is a BIG difference between using a knife for hours at a time and slicing a steak that is already cooked. Nice try tho, cupcake.
A knife was available, I just had to reach in my pocket. Real simple logic.

I choose to use quality knives when I carry them for 16 hours a day. Nice try, nutroll.

No.
You can say any old thing and people will argue it.
"Puppies are cute."
"No they aren't; they're disgusting disease bags that lick their own butts."

So, if I'm at a Vietnamese restaurant and the knife they provide won't cut the...:eek:....nevermind.

A knife was available, I just had to reach in my pocket. Real simple logic.

I choose to use quality knives when I carry them for 16 hours a day. Nice try, nutroll.

you CHOOSE to CARRY quality knives. you CHOSE to reach in your pocket instead of saying "excuse me, I need a knife". What's funny is that the same people on this thread saying they would whip out a knife and use it in a restaurant are the more than likely the same people who would have no problem saying "so i was in a restaurant the other day, used my knife, and some sheeple had the nerve to complain.

i REQUIRE to USE quality knives.

I will bet you I used my knives more in one week than you do in a year, there is a big difference.

How about we agree that it's like the decision to carry or not (knife, gun, etc)? I won't say you should, you don't say I shouldn't.

Hi folks -

I was at a Mexican place yesterday. When I got my chips and salsa, the chips were room temperature!

I pulled out my JK Kephart and used it to chop a leg from the table.

I then batonned the wood into useable kindling, and used the knife to make a couple of fuzz sticks.

I then used the spine of the knife to spark a fire with my ferro-rod, and made a small fire in my fajita platter to warm up my chips.

I refused to tip the waiter since he did not provide warm chips.

This thread has been fun. The horse is dead IMO. :cool:

best regards -

mqqn

Yeah great job taking everyone there for your birthday...your just lucky I had my izula steak knife on me, imagine what Reeve would have said if you used that fancy sebenza thing on a ceramic plate :eek::D...Side note the cheeseburger was awesome

you CHOOSE to CARRY quality knives. you CHOSE to reach in your pocket instead of saying "excuse me, I need a knife". What's funny is that the same people on this thread saying they would whip out a knife and use it in a restaurant are the more than likely the same people who would have no problem saying "so i was in a restaurant the other day, used my knife, and some sheeple had the nerve to complain.

i REQUIRE to USE quality knives.

I will bet you I used my knives more in one week than you do in a year, there is a big difference.

Chill dude. It's a choice. Like you CHOOSE to use quality knives in your work.

Strangely enough there must be a market for this: Case has just taken one of their folding fruit knives and given it a serrated blade and is marketing it as a personal steak knife that you can carry to your favorite resturant.

as some have said before, i have never needed to. wouldn't hesitate to if i did though. ate at a little mexican food place once and couldn't cut the steak with the given knife. asked the waitress for another napkin to clean my pocket knife to use it. she said just a moment. a minute later a little man in an apron came out with the longest steel i've ever seen and made a few swipes of their knife blade then wiped it on his apron and said try that. that knife filleted that steak into 1/16" slices with no effort.

Did you just ressurect a(( language )) thread by a banned OP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back