Your knife combos for a zombie apocalypse?

Sniper Hawk...that spike could do some damage on a zombie's coconut and it wouldn't need sharpening and it won't hang up in the cavity

HG55...stout enough to jam into and pry open the non-functional auto doors at the abandoned WalMart, yet pointy enough to open blister packs of batteries quickly.

I've gamed this stuff out...:p

I saw a t-shirt that said "The toughest thing about the Zom. Apocalypse is gonna be acting like I'm sad it happened.":p

Gonna go looking for a supervisor or two of mine that'll need "puttin down":p

I think I'll edit all my :p to :thumbup:
Lol...ya my buddy has that shirt it says " the worst part about the zombie apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited"...for most people (including me) this is 100% accurate :D

A BG AMS and a SAK Tinker, I'll be too busy running like hell and tripping other people to lug too much weight around.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Truth is...a zombie apocalypse would be easier to survive than what may actually happen to this country in the future.

e3c5cdde23f2e0e658114f845b25725e.jpg

These 3 are my whole arsenal (for now). So yup, all of my babies are on board for some zombie slashing-whacking-chopping adventure. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth is...a zombie apocalypse would be easier to survive than what may actually happen to this country in the future.

Amen brother. America is going to be dangerous as hell if the "zombie apocalypse" happens. Zombies = neighbors, friends, and family who did not prepare and are now starving and have guns and knives and have lost their moral compass. They will be the walking dead with but days to live. Driven by the need to feed and pure desperation they will shoot, stab, loot, rape to appease their pain. Tools of that apocalypse: AR15, Benelli M4, .308, and/or .45. Best to go underground though and let these zombies die off or kill themselves.

For a more pleasant Walking Dead style zombie apocalypse: butaniku short for primary defense, battlesaw for close quarters work (think a knife fight on a food run inside an abandoned grocery store), and tglb for last resort.

And always make sure your group is properly armed:

Last edited:
1- Kanetsune Samurai Hunter
2- Terawa skrama
3- Scrap Yard Dogfather Le

I also would bring my cold steel spartan, my ferhman final judgement and my Sam Lurquin camp knife.... maybe i'll need them, who knows

TG 2014 BIG finish lives in my dailey bob bag
AK47
NMFBM or AA (if I can get another one)
FAT ASH-1
Nuclear Muskrat

Then rest of my group gets supplied by me too with guns, blades, ammo, etc. Somehow I became supply master and armorer...lol

When there's elbow room, a long, two handed sword, with a continuously curved blade, would be ideal for plowing through a skull and decapitation. For tight quarters work, a short bladed, handle heavy, thick tipped stabbing instrument, would be ideal for penetrating zombie skulls. Blade heavy bowies, with a blade longer than 6" inches, would just be a hindrance. A short triangular or double edged blade would be far more effective.

A skull crushing club or mace would also be effective, without the chance of a stuck blade, but would be more likely to shower bystanders with infectious zombie goo.

A skull crushing club or mace would also be effective, without the chance of a stuck blade, but would be more likely to shower bystanders with infectious zombie goo.

Swords are illegal where i live so i have one of the Cold Steel baseball bats for my bludgeon of choice :thumbup:

if I may ask, roughly, where are you at , extrabaconplease?

Sniper Hawk...that spike could do some damage on a zombie's coconut and it wouldn't need sharpening and it won't hang up in the cavity

HG55...stout enough to jam into and pry open the non-functional auto doors at the abandoned WalMart, yet pointy enough to open blister packs of batteries quickly.

I've gamed this stuff out...:p

I saw a t-shirt that said "The toughest thing about the Zom. Apocalypse is gonna be acting like I'm sad it happened.":p

Gonna go looking for a supervisor or two of mine that'll need "puttin down":p

I think I'll edit all my :p to :thumbup:

Remember that your warranty is on...hold. Zombie Apocalypse, remember? There's one thread here I seem to recall involving an HG55 and a car door. Not so good for the knife, although I think it did get the door open. Gamer scenario: there are probably still crowbars/prybars in the walmart. They work better. ;) :D

Edged weapons for a zombie apocalypse? For group defense, I'd go for a spear and large riot shield. If 300 Spartan hoplites could defend Thermopylae against 100s of 1000s, there must be something in it.

If on your own in relatively open areas, then a long-bladed katana would probably be the best primary weapon (not the butaniku - too blade-heavy and not slicey enough).

If I had to carry tools that would double up for defensive and utility use, then the Busse AK47 and RMJ shrike would be a good combination. Or perhaps put a spike hawk head on a 6' staff and back it up with a D-guard BM.

They are in some states, most notably Victoria where it's illegal to own anything sharper than a blunt toothpick.

That's really weird, my uncle makes/sells swords in Canberra, he used to do it in Melbourne aswell. Are these laws recent or was he just a bootleg blacksmith? Definitely not going to be moving to vic anytime soon with those Nazi tier restrictions.

Back