Your knife combos for a zombie apocalypse?

RMJ Shrike S13
Battle Rat
Bandicoot- what's better at stabbing zombie brains than the 'coot?! Everyone on Walking Dead should have one at least!

TG 2014 BIG finish lives in my dailey bob bag
AK47
NMFBM or AA (if I can get another one)
FAT ASH-1
Nuclear Muskrat

Then rest of my group gets supplied by me too with guns, blades, ammo, etc. Somehow I became supply master and armorer...lol

Let's be friends.

That's really weird, my uncle makes/sells swords in Canberra, he used to do it in Melbourne aswell. Are these laws recent or was he just a bootleg blacksmith? Definitely not going to be moving to vic anytime soon with those Nazi tier restrictions.
.... I *think* they came in over the last 5-10 years. I remember reading about it when it was taking place but just can't place the time. As I said there are however easy legal ways around the laws.

Well Tgbg and a custom Martin for me, add that to a wheel barrow full of guns and ammo and I'm good to go.

As I said there are however easy legal ways around the laws.

yah, move states..

That Australian Knife Group or whatever it was called closed in 2011/2012? And even if you do get a permit from the cops that costs a fortune you still get visited by the police for check ups on how you are storing the swords. I'd rather just move states or not own a sword then pay hard earned money to jump through those hoops and allow LE to enter my home.

If I had to carry tools that would double up for defensive and utility use, then the Busse AK47 and RMJ shrike would be a good combination. Or perhaps put a spike hawk head on a 6' staff and back it up with a D-guard BM.

Busse AK47 and RMJ shrike is my combo as well! (And a SOB on the belt as a backup)

Last edited:
if its a "Hollywood" zombie apocalypse.. zombies don't seem to have skulls as the smallest blade can get to the brain with ease..
seems to me if it was a more realistic case of a zombie apocalypse, a LARGE blade would be needed to have enough momentum for severing the head or destroying the skull.. unless you are realy lucky enough to hit the eye socket with a lot of force!! all this while its swinging its arms and nashing its teeth..
Im going with MOAB Huck, BB13 or WTF... maybe ASH1 for survival tasks and not so much for killing.

I think a HUCK Fin with tactical hawk (Rmj, Winkler) would probably be my choice for 2 blades for the zombies (that I have or will)

If I was more skilled with a sword, And I could dish 5k on something that extravagant, the Albion Svante sword would be my prefered method of offence against the zombies. 33in blade, dual edges, .41 thick, hollow ground, perfectly balanced. With the HUCK Fin, that's my ultimate wish-list-for-zombies setup

I've changed my philosphy on the ZA / SHTF situations a bit regarding gear and weapon loadouts.

I used to think "If i can ruck it, f*ck it" but now i'm really trying to cut weight EVERYWHERE.

I have cut down a lot of weight from my pack and really gone to absolute necessities for more speed, agility and less fatigue. This also translated over to my weapon loadouts where I had planned to carry a large blade in my pack for defense/wood processing tool if I left the city, along with 1 or 2 mid sized (5-8 inch blade) blades on my person for self defense.

Now, I will carry my Cold Steel baseball bat on my person for the ZA along with a NMSFNO on my hip. If it was a SHTF situation with no zombies, I'll take my Rucki instead of my baseball bat and my NMSFNO.

That's under 2 kilos for my tools and about 7 kilos for my pack ( not including food and water). So with food and water packed, i'm only carrying 15kgs (33lbs) Still trying to cut down though. 10kg total is the goal (20 ish lbs).

Should have my NMSFNO in about a week or so, will post my blade pics with the Rucki and baseball bat then.

Sorry for the ramble, Jack Daniels is talking...:D

I've changed my philosphy on the ZA / SHTF situations a bit regarding gear and weapon loadouts.

I used to think "If i can ruck it, f*ck it" but now i'm really trying to cut weight EVERYWHERE.

I have cut down a lot of weight from my pack and really gone to absolute necessities for more speed, agility and less fatigue. This also translated over to my weapon loadouts where I had planned to carry a large blade in my pack for defense/wood processing tool if I left the city, along with 1 or 2 mid sized (5-8 inch blade) blades on my person for self defense.

Now, I will carry my Cold Steel baseball bat on my person for the ZA along with a NMSFNO on my hip. If it was a SHTF situation with no zombies, I'll take my Rucki instead of my baseball bat and my NMSFNO.

That's under 2 kilos for my tools and about 7 kilos for my pack ( not including food and water). So with food and water packed, i'm only carrying 15kgs (33lbs) Still trying to cut down though. 10kg total is the goal (20 ish lbs).

Should have my NMSFNO in about a week or so, will post my blade pics with the Rucki and baseball bat then.

Sorry for the ramble, Jack Daniels is talking...:D

The longer the better! Always interesting to read peoples thoughts and concepts.
Sounds like a very thoughtout and logical loadout. Especially the idea and process of cutting weight. That plays a huge role.

Would the rucki and nmsfno be the other blades you'd be packing? You have all basis with those, just curious if 2 is enough for you :D

I have an AK but I'm thinking that I would probably go with the Huck if it shows up before the S.H.T.F.. Then I would have to make a decision on a smaller kinfe. The TGLB is a no brainer but my new battle grade Boss Jack feels like it was built for piercing skulls.

The longer the better! Always interesting to read peoples thoughts and concepts.
Sounds like a very thoughtout and logical loadout. Especially the idea and process of cutting weight. That plays a huge role.

Would the rucki and nmsfno be the other blades you'd be packing? You have all basis with those, just curious if 2 is enough for you :D

Yup, just the Rucki and NMSFNO.

More blades would be more veristile (and more fun :thumbup:) but steel weighs a lot and to reach that 10kg limit I realy gotta cut the weight everywhere!

All bases can be covered with those blades though imo. Rucki can be my "back off or or ill shank ya, dog" :)D)blade and the NMSFNO is more than capable of light chopping and pretty heavy batoning to get a fire going if need be. I could also pry with it and both blades could break windows with their pommel. What else could ya need a blade to do!

Last edited:
I have an AK but I'm thinking that I would probably go with the Huck if it shows up before the S.H.T.F.. Then I would have to make a decision on a smaller kinfe. The TGLB is a no brainer but my new battle grade Boss Jack feels like it was built for piercing skulls.

I was really planning on using my HUCK for SHTF but chose the Rucki because I don't want to fight, I wanna run. If i had to fight, the Rucki provides more reach, stabs are more deadly and I find them a bit awkward to do with a Kukri, if you swung the HUCK at someone full power...it would probably get stuck in them..and last but not least, open back sheaths for carry just didn't seem like a good option for SHTF where you might need to draw the blade ASAP.

The HUCK is still an AWESOME choice for SHTF, they are just my reasons why I didn't end up chosing it

I was really planning on using my HUCK for SHTF but chose the Rucki because I don't want to fight, I wanna run. If i had to fight, the Rucki provides more reach, stabs are more deadly and I find them a bit awkward to do with a Kukri, if you swung the HUCK at someone full power...it would probably get stuck in them..and last but not least, open back sheaths for carry just didn't seem like a good option for SHTF where you might need to draw the blade ASAP.

The HUCK is still an AWESOME choice for SHTF, they are just my reasons why I didn't end up chosing it

In all honesty, I would probably rather have a hammer than most blades.

Ideally:
Butaniku long w/G10 or short w/micarta or INFI AK or Gladius (still need to score a long Gladius some day)
6sxgzo.jpg

BB13 CG or possibly KDSH
2r7qbkn.jpg

BT6 or TB or TG14
2m696q9.jpg

dqrp5k.jpg

Could use a Saber Meaner or B4 or Mini Vex for the small stuff

Realistically:
What I roll with most days and would have when things went down, my Meaner HACK & asymmetric Basic 9
2s8fmh4.jpg

I have always wondered why the Yard never made a "Scrap-a-Rucki" A Rucki with a Regulator handle would be great and cut down on some weight. My Rucki and my 1311 are my most used tactical yard work tools. They have proven themselves time and time again in battle (with shrubbery and palm trees) and I would need them by my side.

ugh thats hard iv only been collecting for 7 months i have to go home and stare at my collection and get back to this.

Back