Your most unusual blades

I really like that. Is the Hunter discontinued?

That particular model of Hunter is. I believe Campolin has produced more than one model of switchblade called "Hunter".

My model is also called "Il Cacciatore" (hunter in Italian). My understanding is that it was a limited run of 300 in 2009 (they are dated 2009 on the blades). The Il Cacciatore came in a variety of handles- wood, dark horn, honey horn, bone, and stag. The stag version was something of a "delux" model (stainless steel bolsters and liners, thicker bolsters). I think the bone version was too. I also had the wood version, thinner bolsters, and as I recall I don't think the bolsters and liners were steel (non magnetic).

All versions of the Il Cacciatore came with ring pull lock releases, but the ring sucked (and was dangerous). It was just a ring of brass with open sharply cut ends. The first time my finger got caught in the opening of the ring when pulling on it and the cut ends pinched closed on my finger I knew I had to come up with something different. So I made a fulcrum release out of stainless steel.

Barman1

Gold Member
This folding kukri is one of my favorite flippers.
Crazy efficient cutter and a lot of fun to play around with but it's pretty big and scares the hell out of folks...but then again, I'm pretty big and scare the hell out of folks, so maybe it's just me lol.:D
RSMIpP0.jpg

mwhich50

Basic Member
Crazy efficient cutter and a lot of fun to play around with but it's pretty big and scares the hell out of folks...but then again, I'm pretty big and scare the hell out of folks, so maybe it's just me lol.:D
RSMIpP0.jpg
This knife is so bad ass. It makes the Cold Steel Spartan look like a gas station knife.

sabre cat

Basic Member
My Red Blade Pig is pretty unusual with its .25 thick blade.

9DuNgDw.jpg

gxLBfUg.jpg

RSMIpP0.jpg

Wow! I really like both of those.:)

bflying

Gold Member
While not one I particularly like, this nearly one pound Snaggletooth is "Unusual". With a whopping 2" blade on two fist handle, and "full auto" push button finger ring.

Xzv9B8F.jpg

fZqddHG.jpg

My little collection of chunky spine knives could be considered a bit odd.

ruuTqkP.jpg